Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paducah,Paducah,Oh wonderful Paducah. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paducah-paducah-oh-wonderful-paducah-t187946.html)

quilter1942 05-03-2012 08:19 AM

Paducah,Paducah,Oh wonderful Paducah.

My DD and 4 friends and I were in Paducah for a whole week.Had such a good time.Shopped,looked at Quilts,went to Museum (was great ) Fabric Frenzy on Friday Morning (A new adventure ) and Ricky Tims Concert,ws absoloutely superb.Saw old friends,made new friends.If you are a quilter make time to go at least once.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::o:o:o

MaryMo 05-03-2012 08:22 AM

I would love to go; it sounds like so much fun ... but so expensive too!

DonnaQuilts 05-03-2012 08:25 AM

Our quilting guild sponsored a one day bus trip for $35. That gave us more cash for fabric and goodies.

SherryCat 05-03-2012 09:11 AM

My friend and I have already made plans to go next year! Can't wait!

jcrow 05-03-2012 09:14 AM

I live in Oregon. Where is Paducah? And I know there is a quilt store there. Is it big? Is there a lot of quilt things there? Is the museum about quilts? How big is the town? I order from Paducah quite a bit, and I think it's back east, and I'm on the west coast, so I need to know more about the store to decide if I should plan a trip there. Someone tell me more!!

jcrow 05-03-2012 09:15 AM

Oh, by the way, my avatar says "Sorry" because I'm always getting in trouble here for writing the wrong things. Me and my brain have no shut off valve.

sharon b 05-03-2012 09:16 AM

Did you take any pics ? Would love to see them :)

Paducah is in Kentucky

quiltstringz 05-03-2012 09:50 AM

Paducah was the first town I believe to have a huge international show - could be why they call it the Quilt Capital. Even if you are not going to the show, if you happen to be in the area there are a number of things open year round, such as the Museum (which is a delight), Hancocks of Paducah and I know that Caryl Bryer Fallert has opened a shop/workshop in town also. I believe that Mary Ellen also has a shop there. Have been twice but not for a number of years, a group of us are hoping to get to go next year (friends in the area so finding a hotel will not be a problem).

teddysmom 05-03-2012 10:31 AM

I've been to Paducah to Hancock's and it's amazing. My sister and I have a trip planned (?) sometime in the future. That's at the top of the list for a vacation for us.

momto5 05-03-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5190760)
I live in Oregon. Where is Paducah? And I know there is a quilt store there. Is it big? Is there a lot of quilt things there? Is the museum about quilts? How big is the town? I order from Paducah quite a bit, and I think it's back east, and I'm on the west coast, so I need to know more about the store to decide if I should plan a trip there. Someone tell me more!!

Hi there!

Paducah IS quilts! If you go, it's only about 2,000 miles from you, an "easy" plane ride. Lots of fun...when I lived in Memphis, I went every year...then we moved to SC...sigh...anyway, Paducah is in Kentucky, right on the river and lots of fun to visit any time. The Quilt Museum was really interesting when I visited and I'm sure there are a lot more
attractions than there were "back then". Plan t trip...it's one of the best things you'll do for yourself!