Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paper pieced border pattern not matching WWYD? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paper-pieced-border-pattern-not-matching-wwyd-t235705.html)

charlotte37830 11-30-2013 09:46 AM

I think it is great. I love it the way you are doing it.

lorli 11-30-2013 11:01 AM

It's stunning! I never would have thought of using the wicker fabric but it looks beautiful. Was it machine paper pieced or EPP?

I sure don't see any problems, even when I reread your post and looked again. And the scalloped edge is lovely.

Susan7639 11-30-2013 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by lorli (Post 6431480)
It's stunning! I never would have thought of using the wicker fabric but it looks beautiful. Was it machine paper pieced or EPP?

I sure don't see any problems, even when I reread your post and looked again. And the scalloped edge is lovely.

EPP with glue stick (hides head in shame)
I imagine you could partially machine stitch as I think people to Patchwork of the Cross on the machine and this is taken from that.

quiltmama22 11-30-2013 11:23 AM

What an incredible job of fussy cutting! "Wicker" edging is looking great, as is!

QandE2010 11-30-2013 12:02 PM

It looks great to me. It's going to be awesome when you're finished!

Suziuki 11-30-2013 03:22 PM

I think your quilt is amazing and when finished is going to be spectacular. Are you going to keep this quilt? If so, will it always bother you the way it is. I, like you, get very fussy with placement and direction of fabric. I mitre my borders because I think it looks better and in the case of your quilt, If I was using the wicker fabric I would probably have cut those diagonal cut piece on the straight of grain to make it look like it is mitred around the edge. You are obviously unsure about your choice of direction of the pattern on the fabric, if you have enough material to have a little play cut a couple of pieces on the straight to replace the diagonal cut and see if your eye is happier with the look. The other question is do you have enough fabric to change your mind? Thank you so much for letting us be involved and like everyone else please, please, please, post pictures of the completed project.

lfstamper 11-30-2013 03:25 PM

Looks really beautiful from here! May IRL it doesn't line up in which case only you can decide unless you want to mail it to me...lol. Love it so far.

noveltyjunkie 12-01-2013 12:47 AM

Another fan here. I thought your issue was you had run out of that wicker fabric!
I think that it is fabulous- just my type of thing. I didn't know Patchwork of the Crosses before this. Dying to see more pics of this. Keep up the great work!

lorli 12-01-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Susan7639 (Post 6431487)
EPP with glue stick (hides head in shame)

Why shame? It's the same thing as basting!, I am doing one with basting and I am going to look into the glue sticks, as it's taking so long to prepare the pieces. Though I must admit I kind of like the mindless work... What stitch and thread did you use to put it together?

franie 12-01-2013 08:09 AM

It is stunning just thus far along. Can't wait to see it finished.