Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   which part of the process is your LEAST favorite? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/part-process-your-least-favorite-t37068.html)

barnbum 02-17-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Making the sandwich. Really hate it.

That's mine right there. UGH.

lfw045 02-17-2010 03:35 PM

I used to dislike sandwiching until I found plastic clamps at Lowe's Hardware. Now I clamp the backing down to one side of my cutting table....smooth it out and clamp the other side. Add the batting.......smooth and reclamp, add the top....smooth and reclamp and then pin away. I can do it so quickly now that I don't mind it but boy do I miss those tools when I am at my Dad's......LOL!

yourstrulyquilts 02-17-2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
I used to dislike sandwiching until I found plastic clamps at Lowe's Hardware. Now I clamp the backing down to one side of my cutting table....smooth it out and clamp the other side. Add the batting.......smooth and reclamp, add the top....smooth and reclamp and then pin away. I can do it so quickly now that I don't mind it but boy do I miss those tools when I am at my Dad's......LOL!

What kind of clamps? This sounds really interesting. Getting down on all fours to pin a quilt is getting harder and harder.

DeniseB 02-17-2010 04:06 PM

Sandwiching and deciding how it should be quilted.

rivka 02-17-2010 04:15 PM

Binding, binding, binding.

Let me say it again.

Binding.

zennia 02-17-2010 04:36 PM

I hate sandwiching. Thats why I have so many tops lying on my shelves.

weezie 02-17-2010 06:27 PM

The only thing I ever hate doing is anything I cannot seem to get the hang of (and not just making quilts, but life in general). Sometimes, it's an awkward piecing situation that doesn't seem to get any better as I go along and sometimes it's machine quilting (I need a LOT of practice). All the other areas of quilt-making I like because I know how to do them and they don't fight back.

MollieSue 02-17-2010 06:50 PM

I love everything but the quilting part! If I could just make tops and have someone else quilt them, I'd be in Heaven!
:)

kasmitty1 02-17-2010 07:04 PM

I don't really dread any of the process, but I have a hard time choosing the right color combinations, which is frustrating at times. I literally pace the LQS for hours, pulling fabric, putting it back, pulling, putting, etc. etc.

weezie 02-17-2010 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by kasmitty1
I don't really dread any of the process, but I have a hard time choosing the right color combinations, which is frustrating at times. I literally pace the LQS for hours, pulling fabric, putting it back, pulling, putting, etc. etc.

Oh dear! Would there be any joy for you in ordering fabrics on-line that are already coordinated? My eldest daughter went to Joann's on President's Day and had a similar problem. She left there pretty quickly and came here to visit; I gave her some of my catalogs, such as Connecting Threads, to take home with her. She was quite delighted by the coordinated sets shown in the catalogs.