Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Patched & Quilted Christmas Gift Ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/patched-quilted-christmas-gift-ideas-t298612.html)

copycat 08-01-2018 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by homefrontgirl (Post 8103633)
I think I'm going to make these:

Roll-Up Glove Box Essentials Caddy

I've got sisters, my mom, and in-laws to make for and I think they might like these. Plus, they're practical. I'm going to make the outside pocket out of mesh so your registration and insurance are visible.

Last year I made dishcloths (I knitted them) and they were well-received.

thanks for the link to the glove box roll up..so cute and useful! I also made knitted dishcloths 1 yr. I rolled the dishcloths around a spatula or wooden spoon.

RJLinkletter 08-01-2018 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by osewfast (Post 8103334)
I made a bunch of these key chain thingies last year. I use one & love it because I can put my wrist thru it & still use it while carrying things. Easy to make. The hardware is available on amazon.
I personalized them by color & sayings. Good Luck! Donna Mc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]598635[/ATTACH]

these look great! Have you got a pattern? What do you search for on amazon?

Nesie 08-01-2018 04:45 AM

I made a bunch of these key chain thingies last year. I use one & love it because I can put my wrist thru it & still use it while carrying things. Easy to make. The hardware is available on amazon.
I personalized them by color & sayings. Good Luck! Donna [ATTACH=CONFIG]598635[/ATTACH]

Osewfast did you create these with the regular monogram function on your machine or an embroidery machine? My Janome does some monogramming but I don't know if it's wide enough. Love them!

carolynjo 08-01-2018 05:27 AM

I made every guild member a small sewing bag with zipper and a wrist loop to hold small take-a-long projects one year. They were were well-received. They were about 8 inches long and 7? inches wide. I sewed them up into a tube and then sewed them up to create an angled bottom which would stand alone.

stillvnu 08-01-2018 06:43 AM

Those are awesome!

osewfast 08-01-2018 01:30 PM

No pattern - just based on one I had purchased at a quilt store years ago. I think you can find a tutorial via google under keyfob pattern tho'.

Keyfob hardware on Amazon.

Just be sure your finished fabric strip is the same width as the keyfob. I put nylon webbing as the inside/backing. More durable, IMO.

Good Luck!
Donna Mc

osewfast 08-01-2018 01:32 PM

I used the font(s) available on my regular machine. I don't have an embroidery machine.
It was easy - test it out on some scraps. Set it for as wide/large as it will go & give it a try. =)

Good Luck,
Donna Mc

tropit 08-01-2018 04:45 PM

I personalized them by color & sayings. Good Luck! Donna Mc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]598635[/ATTACH]

Those are a cute idea!

~ C

tropit 08-01-2018 04:48 PM

Lots of other good ideas here too. Thanks everyone!

~ C

momsbusy 08-02-2018 05:09 AM

I made the microwaveable bowl/plate holders. Just make sure that the fabric, batting, and thread are all 100% cotton so that they are truly microwave safe.