Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Patsy Thompson Feathers Class Review (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/patsy-thompson-feathers-class-review-t292502.html)

Watson 11-11-2017 09:36 AM

Patsy Thompson Feathers Class Review

1 Attachment(s)
All I can say is...Wow! I can make feathers! Something I've been trying to do for a long time.

This was a one-day class with feather-wizard Patsy Thompson. She also has a class on Craftsy.

She was a really great, positive teacher who was very approachable and methodical in her teaching style.

She had a big screen with a camera so that she could zoom in on her sewing machine and you could see close-ups as she would draw and stitch each design and example. It was really helpful.

Patsy taught us how to create feathers, but also how to fit them into funny areas of your quilt and how to figure out how to place them on your quilt and in borders so they came out symmetrical. Really helpful stuff.

She also touched on "hyper-quilting" which is her signature style and was a lot of fun. I've attached my attempt at it.

All in all, if you're trying to work on your feather technique, if you get a chance be sure to take her class or get her Craftsy class. Well worth it!

Watson
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583673[/ATTACH]

SusieQOH 11-11-2017 09:39 AM

Those feathers are beautiful, Watson! Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the heads up on the Craftsy class.

QuiltnNan 11-11-2017 09:49 AM

thanks for the review. your feathers are terrific

pewa88 11-11-2017 10:21 AM

Great job. I need to check out that class,lol.

QuiltE 11-11-2017 10:28 AM

WOW! you were able to take a class directly with Patsy!!
Lucky YOU to have that opportunity
I have watched her videos and quite enjoy them.
I am sure it would be amazing IRL.
Totally envious of you!!

Was this another class at Sew Creative? or?

Watson 11-11-2017 11:01 AM

This class was near Troy, Michigan, put on by The Great Lakes Heritage Quilters. I happened to go to Patsy's website and noticed that she was going to be there and they had a spot left and it all fell into place.
For someone who has never taken a quilting class before, I've really been getting around lately.:D

Watson

QuiltE 11-11-2017 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 7942008)
This class was near Troy, Michigan, put on by The Great Lakes Heritage Quilters. I happened to go to Patsy's website and noticed that she was going to be there and they had a spot left and it all fell into place.
For someone who has never taken a quilting class before, I've really been getting around lately.:D
Watson

Good for you for latching onto that opportunity when she was so close!

KalamaQuilts 11-11-2017 11:19 AM

well done you!

rryder 11-11-2017 12:30 PM

Lucky You! I've taken both of her Craftsy classes and thoroughly enjoyed them. She's a great teacher.

Rob

coopah 11-11-2017 02:19 PM

Watson, you’re on your way, big time! YAY! Thanks for letting us know about this instructor.