Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pattern online or print? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pattern-online-print-t13441.html)

MsSage 11-17-2008 01:22 PM

How many have their patterns printed out or do you keep them bookmarked on line?

I had a bunch bookmarked then power went out and I thought i better have a hard copy in case :shock:

How many patterns do you have?
I am thinking I have about 60 blocks and close to 75 patterns stored in a flex file.

I know not to ask if I am crazy since I already know I am LOL
just wondering what yall do with your patterns.

quiltsRfun 11-17-2008 01:24 PM

Some I print, some I just save on my computer. I hate to guess how many I have counting all the magazines!

Jim's Gem 11-17-2008 01:46 PM

Most of mine I have printed and 3-hole punched in a binder. I have a lot that have piled up all over the place that have not made it into the binder yet. I am not terribly computer savy so I like to have a "hard" copy. Especially if I am going to work on it.

bebe 11-17-2008 01:57 PM

I had a pattern saved and one day when I went to look for it gone. Some patterns only stay on for a certain time and they are gone. I say do what Jim gem does make your own pattern book.

beachlady 11-17-2008 02:50 PM

I print most of mine out - go through so much color ink! I feel safer printing them. I also have binders, though right now there are quite a few loose ones!

Knot Sew 11-17-2008 02:57 PM

When I first started quilting I saved patterns and templates. About 6 months ago i went through it all and elimitated 75% or more of it. I had a lot of patterns that were traditional, and others I liked then but not now. Now I only download those I will make right away. I have a lot of block patterns I use 2 or three times and then toss. This summer I will sort out some books and mags...need more room for the fabric :wink:

quiltsRfun 11-17-2008 03:39 PM

About 6 months ago i went through it all and elimitated 75% or more of it. I had a lot of patterns that were traditional, and others I liked then but not now.
Same here, Ruth. That's why I just save the pattern as a pdf file on my computer. Even looking through those I sometimes wonder why I ever saved it. Also saves ink by just printing when I'm ready to actually make the pattern.

Janstar 11-17-2008 03:50 PM

I have printed some off, I have a large notebook with plastic pages you can insert patterns and fabric[small amount] and notes for future reference. I also have many patterns and blocks saved on my favorites. Can't bring myself to pitch anything. I might need that! Ever hear that before??

Roben 11-17-2008 04:20 PM

I bought an external Hard Drive, and I save quilt patterns and embroidery designs to it. I usually download to my computer, and then back it up to the external once a week so I don't have to keep it plugged in all the time.

butterflywing 11-17-2008 04:25 PM

i have some printed off that i feel i might not be able to get again, with sites sometimes gone and all. for the most part tho, i bookmark 'quilting' and then under that i sub-divide into things like 'blocks' or 'resources' or 'websites' or 'entire quilts' (where it really has to be made as one like a bargello or like that), etc. it makes things easy to find and i print down from there. if i pull something up and don't like it anymore, then it's gone. if i see something with a new twist, it's easy to add.

i can't afford the space that hard filing takes up. lol :roll: