Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/patterns-t8207.html)

GMA 06-18-2008 07:41 PM

way more than I probably will ever make - but - we all have to dream

Grandma Cindy 06-18-2008 09:14 PM

what a nice runner posted in your avatar pic quilty lady 2008, I love pastels...

thequiltlady08 06-19-2008 04:39 AM

Thank you, Grandma Cindy. I bought a charm pack and made that table runner... there were enough to make two table runners!! The other one just has the five inch blocks sewn together - a bit smaller than this one.

Quilting Aggi 06-19-2008 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
I think most of my laptop memory is taken up with all of quilting relating stuff....there is so much I am thinking of getting an extra external hard drive just for all of it!! lol!!

I recently purchased a 250GB external harddrive!! Its PERFECT for stashing online patterns!!!

I have lost count of all the patterns, books, magazines I have. I will never get to do all the things I want to do. But hey I strive!! And I know I won't stop downloading and buying more patterns!! hey you never know!!! As my mother loves to threaten me with (as she smilles that evil grin), I plan to live to at least 120 years old!! LOL ahhh but I love her!!! She is a quilter too!

Quilting Aggi 06-19-2008 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by thequiltlady08
Too many to count... I'm collecting them for when we retire and I can't afford to buy so many quilting items - same with material... seriously - I'm investing in my future!! :roll:

I like your view!!! hmmm I'm 36 years old now.. I have a long time til I retire.. so I have lots of time to keep adding to the pattern and fabric stash.. Once retirement come, I probably won't have as much money, so by having a room full of stash I'll be prepared!! LOL

Bill'sBonBon 06-19-2008 10:01 AM

I have a lot Books. From patchwork to stars and eveything inbetween. A host of magazines. I only get one now. They take up a lot of room and takes money I can use to buy Fabric. 2 folders of patterns I have downloaded from the internet. More patterns than I will ever,ever make into a quilt. But I am a Book aholic. I collect CookBooks,I have Very old ones an new ones. My quilting Book collection is getting as large as my Cookbook collection and I have only been collecting quilting books since 2004. Been collecting Cook Books since 1961. LOL :P :P Plain to see which one is my fave. Bill'sBonBon

Roben 06-19-2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
I recently purchased a 250GB external harddrive!! Its PERFECT for stashing online patterns!!!

I agree - I love my external drive! I have all of the quilting pattern pdfs I've downloaded, paper piecing templates and machine embroidery files (I stopped counting at 500,000 I kid you not) all on the external. I can plug it in when I need it and don't have to worry about all my goodies getting zapped! I even let DH back up his stuff to it :twisted:

I have 7 Eleanor Burns books, and a few Fons and Porter magazines, but I really prefer pdfs that I can save on a drive or disk and only print out when I get ready to use them.

chairjogger 06-19-2008 10:22 AM

I wish I was organized with my first purchase of quilt patterns and magazines. I have found through my 30 years that patterns do not always come around again. Things I enjoyed early on do not come in style again; there are always new ideas that float around in magazines. Rats to not being an organized person!

Chairjogger (Ellen)

Marcia 06-19-2008 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Never counted, but just off the top of my head I would say enough to keep busy until I am around 900 or maybe 950 yrs old :roll:

I am going to have to grow old along with Melissa if I am going to actually make all the patterns/books/magazines I have purchased! Do we really have to count?

Isn't pattern collecting a separate hobby-like fabric collecting?

mgshaw 06-19-2008 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Never counted, but just off the top of my head I would say enough to keep busy until I am around 900 or maybe 950 yrs old :roll:

I am going to have to grow old along with Melissa if I am going to actually make all the patterns/books/magazines I have purchased! Do we really have to count?

Isn't pattern collecting a separate hobby-like fabric collecting?

Wont we be a pretty pair!!! I can just see us at that age and its not a pretty sight! :shock: :shock: :lol: :XD: