Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Patterns

Blog Entries
    How many patterns do you have? Me! I have enough for 3 quilters life time. Two bookcases of books 3 stacks of mags. (very tall skacks ) and 4 stacks (all so very tall ) of print outs. :roll:

I probably have as many as I have fabric.
    Really have no clue.
    I'm trying to get them all organized into a book, but have failed miserably.

Izy
    I think most of my laptop memory is taken up with all of quilting relating stuff....there is so much I am thinking of getting an extra external hard drive just for all of it!! lol!!

Too many to count... I'm collecting them for when we retire and I can't afford to buy so many quilting items - same with material... seriously - I'm investing in my future!! :roll:

Banned
    Not many as I'm fairly new.

Never counted, but just off the top of my head I would say enough to keep busy until I am around 900 or maybe 950 yrs old :roll:

Blog Entries
    Like me

Quote Originally Posted by thequiltlady08
    Too many to count... I'm collecting them for when we retire and I can't afford to buy so many quilting items - same with material... seriously - I'm investing in my future!! :roll:

Hummmm....."Investing in my future".....I'll have to remember that one next time I come home from the quilt shop" :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Like me

I do know I dont have enough fabric to hold out that long, how about you? do we need a shopping trip? :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Like me

I do know I dont have enough fabric to hold out that long, how about you? do we need a shopping trip? :lol: :lol:
    Shopping trip?
    DID SOMEONE SAY SHOPPING???????

I have a lot of books, more in a storage unit. I also have a large folder on my computer full of patterns. I should really get them organized, at least by piecing method, and burn to disks.

I have maybe 2 books, 1 of which is and idiots book :lol: . And just a few patterns. The rest are on the web :lol: :lol:

I really do need to go to the book store!

Blog Entries
    I think we all need to get together to go on a shop hop to buy more fabric. I Know I have more patterns then fabric.

4 jackets full. I just bought a scanner and am in the process of scanning in the pictures of the ones I like then printing 15 at a time on one sheet of paper. That way I just have a few pages to look at for something to quilt and I wrote the mag, date and page # by each picture.
    Still have no idea how to use the scanner for other things and they dont give step by step instructions on how to use it.

well I am just now learning who I like as far as pattern authors and I only have a few....

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Never counted, but just off the top of my head I would say enough to keep busy until I am around 900 or maybe 950 yrs old :roll:
    That sounds about like my collection. :lol:

I have one plastic box of quilt and sewing and knitting magazines. :)
    One tall 3-shelves of fabrics and two large plastic storages boxes of
    quilting and sewing miscellaneous. Too much for a very small area :!:
    Someday I'll have a bigger place just for quilting :D yoya

I am afraid to count :!: :!: :oops: :oops: :oops: My hubby might catch me counting and suggest I thin out my books. :evil: :evil: :evil: And that is NOT going to happen :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have 5 large storage bins full of patterns. I used to get the patterns from the big stores when they got the new ones in. They would just throw them away, so I asked for them. LOL I will never use them all in this lifetime. But I like to share, so I usually give some away.

Let's not even get me started on the books, magazines, and printouts. LOL
    I have 4 rooms of books, and mags. I have 8 large binders full of printouts, and still printing. LOL

I have a short stack of books and magazines...but thanks to sondray I have an incredibly huge stack of printouts now LOL and my stack keeps growing and growing...now if I can just get her here to show me how to do most of them I'd be cookin with gas!!! LOL

GMA
    way more than I probably will ever make - but - we all have to dream

what a nice runner posted in your avatar pic quilty lady 2008, I love pastels...

Thank you, Grandma Cindy. I bought a charm pack and made that table runner... there were enough to make two table runners!! The other one just has the five inch blocks sewn together - a bit smaller than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    I think most of my laptop memory is taken up with all of quilting relating stuff....there is so much I am thinking of getting an extra external hard drive just for all of it!! lol!!
    I recently purchased a 250GB external harddrive!! Its PERFECT for stashing online patterns!!!

I have lost count of all the patterns, books, magazines I have. I will never get to do all the things I want to do. But hey I strive!! And I know I won't stop downloading and buying more patterns!! hey you never know!!! As my mother loves to threaten me with (as she smilles that evil grin), I plan to live to at least 120 years old!! LOL ahhh but I love her!!! She is a quilter too!

Quote Originally Posted by thequiltlady08
    I like your view!!! hmmm I'm 36 years old now.. I have a long time til I retire.. so I have lots of time to keep adding to the pattern and fabric stash.. Once retirement come, I probably won't have as much money, so by having a room full of stash I'll be prepared!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast