Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Patterns

I have a lot Books. From patchwork to stars and eveything inbetween. A host of magazines. I only get one now. They take up a lot of room and takes money I can use to buy Fabric. 2 folders of patterns I have downloaded from the internet. More patterns than I will ever,ever make into a quilt. But I am a Book aholic. I collect CookBooks,I have Very old ones an new ones. My quilting Book collection is getting as large as my Cookbook collection and I have only been collecting quilting books since 2004. Been collecting Cook Books since 1961. LOL :P :P Plain to see which one is my fave. Bill'sBonBon

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    I recently purchased a 250GB external harddrive!! Its PERFECT for stashing online patterns!!!
    I agree - I love my external drive! I have all of the quilting pattern pdfs I've downloaded, paper piecing templates and machine embroidery files (I stopped counting at 500,000 I kid you not) all on the external. I can plug it in when I need it and don't have to worry about all my goodies getting zapped! I even let DH back up his stuff to it :twisted:

I have 7 Eleanor Burns books, and a few Fons and Porter magazines, but I really prefer pdfs that I can save on a drive or disk and only print out when I get ready to use them.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    I wish I was organized with my first purchase of quilt patterns and magazines. I have found through my 30 years that patterns do not always come around again. Things I enjoyed early on do not come in style again; there are always new ideas that float around in magazines. Rats to not being an organized person!

Chairjogger (Ellen)

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Never counted, but just off the top of my head I would say enough to keep busy until I am around 900 or maybe 950 yrs old :roll:
    I am going to have to grow old along with Melissa if I am going to actually make all the patterns/books/magazines I have purchased! Do we really have to count?

Isn't pattern collecting a separate hobby-like fabric collecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Never counted, but just off the top of my head I would say enough to keep busy until I am around 900 or maybe 950 yrs old :roll:
    I am going to have to grow old along with Melissa if I am going to actually make all the patterns/books/magazines I have purchased! Do we really have to count?

Isn't pattern collecting a separate hobby-like fabric collecting?

Wont we be a pretty pair!!! I can just see us at that age and its not a pretty sight! :shock: :shock: :lol: :XD:

Melissa-I may just have to "take it with me" and finish it all where ever I go....that would be HEAVEN, wouldn't it??

Izy, you should consider putting all your quilting patterns on a 'flash drive'. It's great for safe keeping and they are now availale in 4 GB, that would hold a very large quantity of quilting goodies. I am keeper of our HS alumni association awith over 5000 names and address. They fit easly on a 1 GB. Plus I have all the homecoming files and records for the past 5 years on the same one. I keep another just for photos, and a third for my quilt guild. You can update and add to it anytime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2