Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Peeling Olfa mat: Olfa responded! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/peeling-olfa-mat-olfa-responded-t34765.html)

Cookie64 01-23-2010 08:10 AM

Beiia, I have had an Ofla mat for 14 years and still using it. I have 2 more smaller ones and never had any trouble with them. Cookie

memephyl 01-23-2010 09:08 AM

I am hoping you did not click to a link for Olfa, but typed in Olfa.com yourself in reply to notice they would replace your mat. Maybe someone who is trying to hack your computer or steal your personal info. There is a 800 number on the Olfa site if you want to check this out. Also the lifetime guarantee does not cover mats. Just my 2 cents.

mary quite contrary 01-23-2010 09:11 AM

I am so glad to hear they are standing behind their product. I was working with a new quilter and I told her about your problems so she was looking at a different company to buy from. So glad I can go back and tell her Olfa is once again a good choice.

memephyl 01-23-2010 09:18 AM

I am hoping you did not click to a link for Olfa, but typed in Olfa.com yourself in reply to notice they would replace your mat. Maybe someone who is trying to hack your computer or steal your personal info. There is a 800 number on the Olfa site if you want to check this out. Also the lifetime guarantee does not cover mats. Just my 2 cents.

jumpin' judy 01-23-2010 09:23 AM

I have the 24 x 36 Olfa that is probably 5-6 yrs old and now has grooves from all the cutting. Is this the kind of damage you are talking about? I did go ahead and buy a Dritz (blue one that says "Duraheal" in the corner). It is made in Japan. So far (keep your fingers crossed) it hasn't developed grooves.

Marcia 01-23-2010 09:30 AM

Olfa is a big company and SHOULD stand behind it's products. Customer service and word of mouth can make or break a company. In the quilting world, news can spread fast!

I am pleased for you.

tigger5464 01-23-2010 06:00 PM

My small olfa mat doesn't show the cutting that I've done but is peeling also. I'm not going to fight over it...just consider it a loss and stick to Fiskars. Seems to be doing well so far. JMHO

Jeri6 01-23-2010 11:48 PM

I am glad to hear they are standing behind their product. And I am glad to belong to this site where quilters will let each other know what products do work and what will not. Customer satisfaction should mean something to a company and this web site has members all over the world. It would be smart business to check into sites like this to see what quilters are saying about their product. By Olfa replacing their defective mat, my opinion of their company went up alot. Thank you OLFA for doing the right thing.

Jeri6 01-23-2010 11:48 PM

I ended up getting a double posting. Sorry!

fktsewing 01-24-2010 05:23 AM

I am so glad you heard from them and they are taking care of you. It is always a good idea to contact upper management in situations like this, because sometimes it is just the employee that just does not want to deal with it.
I have every size of Olfa mat and have never had a problem with any of them. My smaller ones travel to classes, etc. I never noticed an odor or have had peeling. I tried June Taylor and Fiskars and they both dull the blades too fast and are way too rigid. Enjoy your new mat.