Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   PERFECT 1" Squares :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/perfect-1%22-squares-t82330.html)

hmay60 12-12-2010 03:13 PM

Line the pan with foil.

kat13 12-12-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by hmay60
Line the pan with foil.

Thank-you...wow thats even easier than buttering the whole pan!

quiltingnonie 12-12-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by kat13
Great idea but I can never get the darned stuff out of the pan in one big block...is there a trick to that?

buttered foil lined pan

Kappy 12-12-2010 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
As I was staring at the 5 pound slab of fudge on my cutting board waiting to be cut, I thought: "Wish I could use my rotary cutter..." I nixed that idea, then AHA! :idea:
I dug around the kitchen and armed with my pizza cutting wheel and a plastic ruler (the kind we used in school), I embarked on cutting 5 pounds of perfect 1" fudge squares :-D. The edges are so clean and the pizza cutter made short work of it. A new tradition born!

Ah, Maybe you should send me a few pieces that I could, ah test, ya that's it, test, to see if accidentally some of the last pizza maybe got stuck on the fudge...you wouldn't want to serve imperfect fudge to friends at Christmas ;)

earthwalker 12-12-2010 08:06 PM

Ah...the workings of a quilter's mind...sheer brilliance! I haven't made or eaten fudge for years (I love it!)...my mouth is watering picturing those perfect one inch pieces....

Momof3Es 12-12-2010 08:08 PM

I had to read it a couple times...I was trying to figure out what 5 lbs of fudge was a metaphor for!!??? LOL! I hope it was yummy!!

dunster 12-12-2010 08:53 PM

Hey, I'm the local fudge inspector. Bring some over and I'll let you know if the edges are square enough. (And if they're not, I'll even 'em up. Yummm...)

OneMoreQuilt 12-12-2010 08:56 PM

Did you try some HST too? hehehe

quiltingnonie 12-12-2010 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy

As I was staring at the 5 pound slab of fudge on my cutting board waiting to be cut, I thought: "Wish I could use my rotary cutter..." I nixed that idea, then AHA! :idea:
I dug around the kitchen and armed with my pizza cutting wheel and a plastic ruler (the kind we used in school), I embarked on cutting 5 pounds of perfect 1" fudge squares :-D. The edges are so clean and the pizza cutter made short work of it. A new tradition born!

Ah, Maybe you should send me a few pieces that I could, ah test, ya that's it, test, to see if accidentally some of the last pizza maybe got stuck on the fudge...you wouldn't want to serve imperfect fudge to friends at Christmas ;)

LOL! But after watching the news tonite, I'm afraid the fudge might get lost in a snowbank and freeze in your neck of the woods!

Kappy 12-12-2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy

LOL! But after watching the news tonite, I'm afraid the fudge might get lost in a snowbank and freeze in your neck of the woods!

Yes it has been a bit snowy, windy , and cold the past few
days, I figure the fudge should keep just fine! :thumbup: