Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The perfect dream sewing studio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/perfect-dream-sewing-studio-t193002.html)

Daylesewblessed 06-29-2012 04:59 PM

Today I went to an estate sale and got to see a wonderful studio/sewing room. The house itself was large, but it appeared as if this room had been added on. You walked through the master bedroom to get to it. It had windows on 3 sides, although not completely covering those walls. There was built-in cabinetry on one complete wall and 2 half walls. The sewing cabinet, which also included a serger was in the middle of the room. There was also a free standing cutting table. The wall with no windows had a computer desk. The bedroom closet must have been enlarged, and it had access from both the sewing room and the bedroom.

So much storage, so much natural light, so much "walking around" space. I hardly noticed the rest of the house, but it was for sale!

Dayle

Pickles 06-29-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5323712)
I am quite content with my little corner of the bedroom.I cut on the dining room table and work wherever space allows..I know if I had a bigh beautiful studio, I would just make a BIGGER mess than I do now!!

I agree with you as I also have a very small space are corner in my living room , but I make do and like it.

mcdaniel023 06-29-2012 05:18 PM

I have a space that is more than I ever dreamed of. The only thing is I wish I had is room for a longarm. Maybe some day.

Jecreed 06-30-2012 04:34 AM

All this is so inspiring. Gonna work on my space. It's the upper half of a finished tandem garage. The ideas I've gotten here are limitless. Think I'll hang some quilts to get started!

Latrinka 06-30-2012 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5323292)
I'm happy with my sewing space. It's not perfect but if I had my ultimate dream studio I'd have to have my dream house first. I wouldn't want to drive a rolls royce and live in a trailer park. LOL.

Amen! I agree, gotta get the horse in front of the cart!

vickie1976 06-30-2012 11:14 AM

I have finished remodeling and now have my perfect sewing room. It is just over 20 x 15 feet, 20' wall is built in cabinets, opposite wall has a framed 8' x 8' design wall padded with black felt hooks to hold Fons and Porter white grid line design wall. The walls are gray, white trim. Track lighting shining on three of the four walls. A closet for everythings else. A love seat to watch sewing shows on a wall mounted TV. My office tables, cutting table, antique Singer, book case and table for serger embroidery machine and more. I love it now I have to find more time to spend in it.

swcrazzy 06-30-2012 11:25 AM

The perfect dream sewing studio

We have moved and I get the old one car garage and shed behind it. I want the shed outside wall move out about 5 feet . This would be finished for the stash with wall to wall shelves One step down into the garage. I want double french doors to replace the garage doors. I want a small sitting area in the front. This is as far as I have gotten. Don't know what to do with the rest. Beth in Co .

Momo 06-30-2012 02:55 PM

If I write all that down, will I be the winner and get it for my birthday?

Marysewfun 06-30-2012 05:14 PM

Windows - windows - windows, the bigger the better(!) around at least half of it, with a nice view, and a little seating in them for doing hand work, and access to a deck with glass or French doors. A couple sky lights. The rest of it could have counters for my machines and shelving. My cutting/design table smack-dab in the middle of the room! :-)

Marysewfun

luvTooQuilt 06-30-2012 07:31 PM

All of the above - huge room that's a wing off the house.... All the expensive toys ...

When I win the lotto - my dream room will come true !!! Hahahaaa