Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Perfect Quilt shop/store would be....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/perfect-quilt-shop-store-would-t46130.html)

azdesertrat 05-17-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Oh, be careful what you wish for...

I probably wouldnt get any quilting done.but I would have lots of fabric to touch!

mygirl66 05-17-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
The perfect quilt shop would allow me to shop for free. :lol:

They would carry the complete fabric lines of fabrics that I like and notions of all sorts. They would offer more classes.

quiltluvr, you are so silly :lol:

mygirl66 05-17-2010 01:07 PM

If I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream BIG!
*have free coffee
*have free chocolate
*it would be next door
*I would have my own key so I could shop in my PJ's at 2 am
*friendly, smart people who LISTENED to what I want, not what they think I want
*free fabric on my birthday (not like the DMV, you pay them on your b day, dosnt seem right, they should say "happy birthday, heres your free sticker!" )
*a colorful room with toys and someone to watch the kids so a mom can touch n play with the fabric, instead of what happened last week, saw a little boy wipe his nose on a bolt of fabric, eewwwww
*no crabby/snotty people allowed
*open till 8 pm at least 2 days a week
*lots of different classes, and some for kids too
Thats all I can think of for now, Im sure more will come to me later!

Mary Bird 05-17-2010 01:37 PM

I have the perfect quilt shop! Threads of Time in Danville IL. The owners are there every single day. They and their employees greet every customer with a smile, handshake or pat on the back, free coffee/tea & cookies. 5000 bolts of fabric, willing to order anything you need, if it's not there already. PLUS there's a retreat center in the back - all modern facility can handle up to 34 people! I'm in love!

Geertje3 05-17-2010 02:37 PM

When I worked in a quilt shop (now sold) not only did we sell fabric, but also Bernina machines, all manner of books and supplies, etc., AND if you needed an idea, would design a quilt for you on Electric Quilt, give you the printed pattern with yardage amounts necessary, then cut your fabric.

Olivia 05-17-2010 02:59 PM

Never next door - we would be in the "poor house" way too soon!

Olivia's Granma 05-17-2010 03:13 PM

There is a quilting shop in Shop Springs, Tn called the Country Quilt Shop. The owner is always greeting everyone that comes to her store and is very helpful in picking out fabrics to do a new project. I always seem to buy more than I went in to get. I love using Thangles and she has every size available. Anyone that lives in Middle Tn show stop by this shop. She will fix a kit up if she doesn't already have it..

dljennings 05-17-2010 03:22 PM

i go to appletree fabrics in auburn ma...it is wonderful to go into a store and get help with a project, whether you bought all the stuff there or not... they know my name...(could be because i wore the gold off the numbers on my debit card there!)

Luv Quilts and Cats 05-17-2010 03:32 PM

I would like to see fabrics in the same design line arranged together. That way, when I like a fabric, the matches are handy. I hate finding a really beautiful fabric in a big store, then hunting through the whole store to find its mates. Since I would probably not know all the fabrics in the line, I could very easily miss one. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Lucy90 05-17-2010 04:23 PM

We have a couple close quilt shops and both of them are great. The employees are friendly and very helpful and help pick out fabrics if needed. They also listen to what I want and we finally get the end result. Our shops have free coffee and sometimes a treat. Everyone has quilting knowledge. We have a Jo Anns and the people are nice there also but I only buy Warm & Natural batting from them on sale also thread. My dream quilt shop would be mine!!!