Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Personal Touches??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/personal-touches-t4658.html)

ilena 02-20-2008 04:34 AM

I am just wondering what (if anything) have you done to your sweet machine to make it more quilter friendly or personalized? Or maybe THOUGHT about doing but haven't (yet)?

I finally put a small piece of velcro on the side of my machine and the other piece on my seam ripper - this way when I am quilting my quilt and need it to pull the thread up from the backside to the front I am not searching for it after it has rolled under the quilt.

Quilting Aggi 02-20-2008 06:16 AM

I plan to make a nice cover for it :) Haven't even started that one yet LOL But I want to do lots of fun hand embroidery, applique and other embellishment that is all sewing themed!! I have made a couple for gifts for my Mum and another gal I sew with for fun on Thursday nights (we call ourselves the "Stitch n Bitch" gals!!!) hee hee.. sometimes we stitch more than the other, or vice versa!! LOL depending on the night and whats going on!! LOL

Anyway, I hope to get a start on my sewing machine cover before the end of this year. It is on my list of things I want to make this year :)

annmarie 02-20-2008 07:10 PM

Me too - been wanting to make a sewing machine cover. Must do!

Flying_V_Goddess 02-20-2008 08:08 PM

I've seen pictures of Guitar Hero controllers that have been taken apart and repainted and put back together...I wonder if you could do that with a sewing machine. ...now I want a punk/goth inspired look to my sewing machine. White is so not my color.

ilena 02-21-2008 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
now I want a punk/goth inspired look to my sewing machine. White is so not my color.

Exactly! Some pinstripes in your favorite color? Fuschia flames anyone?? :lol: :lol:

Izy 02-21-2008 01:38 PM

[quote=Quilting Aggi]I plan to make a nice cover for it :) Haven't even started that one yet LOL But I want to do lots of fun hand embroidery, applique and other embellishment that is all sewing themed!! I have made a couple for gifts for my Mum and another gal I sew with for fun on Thursday nights (we call ourselves the "Stitch n Bitch" gals!!!) hee hee.. sometimes we stitch more than the other, or vice versa!! LOL depending on the night and whats going on!! LOL

Anyway, I hope to get a start on my sewing machine cover before the end of this year. It is on my list of things I want to make this year :)[/Aggi, I laughed like crazy to here you also call your group stitch n bitch - (though most of the older ladies in our group are thankfully unaware of my nick name for the group - shortened in down now to s n b so its incognito!! lol)) :lol: :roll: quote]

Flying_V_Goddess 02-21-2008 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by ilena

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
now I want a punk/goth inspired look to my sewing machine. White is so not my color.

Exactly! Some pinstripes in your favorite color? Fuschia flames anyone?? :lol: :lol:

Old school tattoo designs? :mrgreen:

ilena 02-21-2008 07:32 PM

I could see a little Link standing guard to battle the lint build up!!!
~ Instead of cutting grass he would be doing a number on the dust bunnies and turning them into something useful! :wink:

Flying_V_Goddess 02-21-2008 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ilena
I could see a little Link standing guard to battle the lint build up!!!
~ Instead of cutting grass he would be doing a number on the dust bunnies and turning them into something useful! :wink:

I love a quilter that knows about Zelda :D

k_jupiter 02-21-2008 08:10 PM

ahhhh... it would be like painting my table saw purple.

Never gonna happen.

tim in san jose