Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff machines? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-machines-t226826.html)

Rose S. 07-29-2013 08:07 PM

I had the Pfaff tiptronic--bought it around 1990, give or take a year. I loved that machine...but not the space for quilting. I bought a Juki 98 Q, and my daughter wanted a machine for something, so she took my baby home with her. It just always sews and never has problems. Sometimes I can't believe I let her take it home...and actually keep it.

Mariposa 07-29-2013 08:11 PM

I have a 7510, and I love it! I would buy a newer one, maybe with embroidery too--

JanieW 07-29-2013 08:14 PM

I have a 7530 and the Quilt Expression 4.0. I love them both and will not part with either of them.

RyanAmysMom 07-29-2013 08:50 PM

I have a Pfaff Hobby machine that's about 10 years old - and it's no longer functional.... the gears are completely shot.... and repair vs. replace cost said replace.... My personal opinion: You get what you pay for - if you spend $99 at WalMart, you get about that much value.... if you INVEST a little more, you'll get something that will last.... regardless of the brand....

Groovy Pieces 07-30-2013 06:39 AM

I own the Smarter By Pfaff (A.K.A.: C1100 Pro). And of course, I got the lemon of the batch :mad:. My Pfaff Dealer was an absolute angel ! ! ! Once we completed all the trouble shooting issues, Pfaff immediately shipped a brand new Smarter & it's been bliss ever since :thumbup:.

This machine is more industrial-minded. There is a large harp (brochure picture can be a bit deceiving - need to see it in the store), thread cutter, scissors, needle threader (no problems - works every time), some very nice decorative stitches(not embroidery machine dense, but alphabets are nice for labels), & I really like the "lock-stitch" button (especially when using your decorative stitches).

What a work horse ! ! ! My speed control is set "wide open" (up to 1600 spm) when doing repetitive piecing, mindless strip sets or strings, HSTs, paper piecing, etc.; I bring it down a bit when doing wearables & artsy stuff.

But my 2 favorite "bells": (1) the independent bobbin motor: it's great to keep piecing while your bobbins are winding & (2) retractable thread guides (along with the vertical spool pins).

I'm lovin' mine . . . .GP

AliKat 07-30-2013 07:58 AM

I have the Quilt Expressions 2046 and love it. It is the one that goes to sew-ins and to friends when we get together and sew. I love it. I bought it when my hands were getting bad form the arthritis and am glad I did. The dual feed has kept me sewing/quilting.

The Pfaff feet are very affordable! Unlike one brand I could mention.

I also have the Creative Vision I bought back when I was still working. It doesn't travel! It is a great machine, just to heavy to take with me when I am sewing with others. I love the embroidery ability even though I don't take advantage of it enough.

jitkaau 07-31-2013 02:54 AM

Had top of the range Pfaffs for a long time. The last one was a lemon and I did not get the support one expects. After wasting a lot of money in attempt to fix the problems, I opted for a Brother and like it better. All brands must have the odd mishap from time to time . However, it was the lack of support and concern that put me off the product.

Karenacarpe 07-31-2013 03:08 AM

I just recently purchased the Performance 5.0 and absolutely love it. My previous machine (and still is) is a Pfaff 2020 and it has been a wonderful machine. I love the IDT and everything about it. Went for the gusto this time and sm not sorry!

coopah 07-31-2013 04:23 AM

Tiptronic 2030 is what I have. It has been with me awhile and I finally have time to figure out what it does! It has made at least 10 quilts, but only about 2 FMQ. It was the only machine at the time with the IDT feature, and I have been happy with the performance of this machine.

peppermint31 07-31-2013 04:29 AM

I have 2-1471 Pfaff. This way both I and granddaughters can sew together. Love them, especially the IDT and the needle down feature. I have only recently started to use the 99 available decorative stitches!