Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Phoenix quilt shops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/phoenix-quilt-shops-t276254.html)

Melanie Rudy 03-02-2016 04:59 PM

I was at A Quilter's Oasis in January. It's a beautiful shop with high quality brand name fabrics. I loved it. Next on my list is 3 Dudes. I have heard good things about the dudes. These shops are about 30 minutes apart. Both of the names come up on google maps.

soccertxi 03-02-2016 05:22 PM

if you are wandering around north central Phx, Quiltz and Modern Quilting are both near Paradise Valley Mall . Quiltz is at Thunderbird and 40th Street. Modern Quiling is at Cactus and 45th Street.

I agree with 3 Dudes and SAS. SAS is a 'poke around and see what you can find' kind of place. Darn if my car doesn't go RIGHT by there if I need to take someone to the airport!! The Indian School location has a good selection of quilting cottons. Be prepared to dig around.

love to sew 03-02-2016 07:05 PM

The Bernina Connection on Indian School Road and about 42nd Street in Phoenix. In the east valley (Mesa, Chandler) Mulqueen's, 3 Dudes, Have fun. It is already warm, going to be 90 tomorrow. :)

Cactus Stitchin 03-03-2016 05:17 AM

I'm glad you are getting so good suggestions for quilt shops. I live in the next town over from Chandler and these are a few of my favorites.

Mulqueens - Mesa location at Val Vista and Main. They have a great selection of good quality quilting cottons at $6.95 per yard. They also carry many brands of threads, patterns and a wide selection of quilting tools, ruler and accessories. If you are into machine embroidery they also have a huge selection. (Can you tell this is my favorite "go to" shop)

Quilters Oasis - East Mesa on the Southwest Corner of Crismon and Baseline. (Out a ways but a quick drive on the 202 highway) Very nice shop with a great selection of batiks, civil war, and current fabric lines.

Quilters Ranch - Southwest Corner of Warner and McKillips which is not too far. A fun, well stocked shop with good variety. I don't go in too often so can't give you a rundown of what they currently have in stock.

Cottage Rose Quilts - Dobson North of Main in a log cabin type of building. She has a great selection of florals and blenders. Nice quality.

Cutting Edge Quilts - downtown area of Chandler on Arizona Street. Smaller shop but good quality and variety.

35th Ave Sew and Vac - two locations one in at Ray and Rural (not sure if thats Tempe or Candler) and other in Phoenix off the I17 and Northern. Ray and Rural is a nice quilt shop and another of my mainstay quilt shops. The Phoenix location is absolutely huge!!!!! and well worth the drive to shop. I believe they have the largest selection in the area.

Let me know if you need more information, I would be happy to help if I can.

Jakers1 03-03-2016 07:07 AM

Thanks to all of you, I can plan to visit some of these places and can't wait! (Especially for the heat, we just had 6 inches of new snow after a high of 61 on Sunday)