Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Phoenix quilt shops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/phoenix-quilt-shops-t276254.html)

Jakers1 03-01-2016 06:03 AM

Phoenix quilt shops

I am going to Phoenix at the end of this month and would like to know where the quilt shops are. I will have a car and am staying near Chandler, a suburb.

ManiacQuilter2 03-01-2016 06:11 AM

My friend lives in the Phoenix area but I can't remember the name of the shop she finds discounted fabrics. I haven't bought from Arizona quilt since she has an online minimum of 1 yard cut but she has a collection of beautiful batiks. The store is part of Quiltshops.com.

rvsfan 03-01-2016 07:33 AM

Zoe's is a nice shop in Chandler area.

Jordan 03-01-2016 08:36 AM

I lived in Mesa for 28 yrs and loved Zoe's quilt shop but it has closed. If I were you, I would look on the internet for "quilt shops" in Phx and surrounding areas. There is a nice shop out east on Crismon and Baseline-can't think of the name of it right now. Also, I think you would like the quilt shop "35th avenue and Northern. Also, there is a big quilt show in Mesa at the end of March which is so much fun. I plan to attend. If you need any info on other quilt shops just PM me and I will look them up for you. Have fun!!!

quiltingshorttimer 03-01-2016 07:51 PM

Only visited Phoenix once, but you have to take the time to go to the big 35th Ave Sew and Vac store--it's huge--more fabric than you can absorb--luckily they have seating in several places so you can take a break! And I liked the 3 Dudes quilt shop too--neither are real close to Chandler (where we stayed too) but I think that because of the way Phoenix stretches through the valley, nothing is real close! Have fun--you might want to check out their Botanical Gardens too--very nice!

Sync 03-01-2016 07:58 PM

I'll second the 3 Dudes and add SAS fabrics. I live outside of Tucson and when I visit my friends in Phoenix those 2 quilt shops are on my list.

patski 03-01-2016 08:10 PM

3 Dudes, quilters ranch are 2 of them. If you are coming to Tucson we have several that are wonderful

lunagrandquilter 03-01-2016 10:40 PM

Quilters Oasis is on Crismon and Baseline, a nice shop. I also second 35 th ave Sew and Vac, though have only been to the one in north end of the city. Three Dudes is also a great shop.

luvstoquilt301 03-02-2016 05:23 AM

SAS 1111 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85014 is absolutely amazing. It is not just a fabric shop. It has all sorts of sewing stuff. There are a huge amount of fat folds at $3.99. Some is big box store fabric and much quilt shop fabric--just older stuff. It is really fun to browse around at all the stuff there.

There are lots of others but selling at the usual high prices.

labeelady 03-02-2016 04:46 PM

The only fabric store I've been to in the Chandler area is in Mesa, namely Mulqueen's, but there is a location in Chandler at 1015 N Arizona Ave.