Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   pink dresdens (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pink-dresdens-t304699.html)

rob529 05-14-2019 12:36 PM

I would quilt something in the corners, something that reached thru the spaces between your house shapes and then have it travel up and work into already quilted area. You have done a beautiful job. I'm just starting to learn on my sit down longarm. Quite a learning curve for me having to muster up enough coordination between my hands and moving the quilt. I can't see me using colored thread for years

sewbizgirl 05-14-2019 01:05 PM

Very beautiful! I especially love your quilting.

MarionsQuilts 05-14-2019 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by BSKTLOFR-QUILTER (Post 8252793)
If you are appliquéing smaller Dresden plates in the corners you should be able to appliqué them carefully in the corners by just sewing through the top layer. It would be a little time consuming but well worth the effort. You could hand quilt in the corners without a frame. You're very accomplished quilter so I'm sure you will find a method to suit you. You can send that gorgeous quilt my way and I'll figure it out. :).

Thank you for that idea, but I'm not handquilting LOL ... been there, done that, so not a fan! I agree, tho, it would look great!

MarionsQuilts 05-14-2019 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by trolleystation (Post 8253165)
Your quilt is awesome. I do not have the courage to tackle a Dresden plate quilt.

They are actually really easy ... I do a short cut - I don't sew the tips ... I just cut out the template, fold them down, and iron them. Since they are always an applique thing, I just use a drop of glue in the middle to hold them down

MarionsQuilts 05-14-2019 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by rob529 (Post 8253193)
I would quilt something in the corners, something that reached thru the spaces between your house shapes and then have it travel up and work into already quilted area. You have done a beautiful job. I'm just starting to learn on my sit down longarm. Quite a learning curve for me having to muster up enough coordination between my hands and moving the quilt. I can't see me using colored thread for years

This is all on my domestic ... I've been practising FMQ for the last 18 months, I made sure to pick an easy stencil to do FMQ with, especially in coloured thread! (Trust me, my practices were hilarious!)

The grid work was easy - just very mind-numbing

MarionsQuilts 05-14-2019 02:31 PM

Thanks all for the tips, and kind words!

i get so much guidance and support here, it is wonderful!

Jules51 05-14-2019 02:43 PM

Beautiful quilt and quilting!

maviskw 05-14-2019 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by bkay (Post 8253130)
I thought the corner was another blade you were going to turn the opposite way. If that is so, and you appliqued the other pieces after you sandwiched, what's to stop you from adding those corner blades now? (Or, am I not remembering correctly?) bkay

This was my thought. Just put those corners on with applique all around.

sJens 05-14-2019 03:32 PM

Wow, this is amazing.

ccthomas 05-14-2019 04:51 PM

Nice quilt and quilting.