Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pink and Gray (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pink-gray-t192676.html)

lenette 06-25-2012 05:17 AM

Back in 1984, a friend decorated her bedroom in pink and grey, and I thought it was the strangest thing. After that I started seeing the combination a lot more and developed an appreciation for it. Now I often think it is very pretty.

Pat625 06-25-2012 05:22 AM

I have a friend that has chosen those colors, and I have a hard time visualizing it!! Would love to see the fabrics you are using..What pattern are you using? I was thinking of a log cabin, but not sure yet..

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 5313920)
LOL, lots of baby nurseries in this color combo this year. Im actually waiting on some Pink/Grey fabrics (should have them tomorrow). Ive been hired to make a baby quilt for July. Im using a zig zag pattern. If I think of it, will post a pic when done. Personally..I love the combo of the two. Also "in" this year is yellow and grey. Also very nice.

eastermarie 06-25-2012 02:30 PM

I've worn pink with light grey may times. I think it would be calming in quilt colors.

Mariposa 06-25-2012 02:49 PM

I love the pink & grey combo! Always have! :)

Lori S 06-25-2012 05:08 PM

My Mom still has a bathroom with pink and gray.. the original colors of the tiles and fixtures when the house was built. She updated it with black and cranberry towels...

JenniePenny 06-25-2012 05:41 PM

I remember it being "in vogue" in the mid 1980's. I had a favorite night shirt, and a jogging suit in pink and grey. Seems like its on a thirty year cycle. 1950's, 1980's, current day. I am not working on any quilts with that combo. Right now, it just doesn't beckon to me.

Msbaby 06-25-2012 06:14 PM

Oh, I remember guys wearing pink shirts with gray slacks. They were indeed handsome! This was back in the 50's and early 60's.

MacThayer 06-25-2012 07:38 PM

I remember pink and gray fondly. Still love it. Wanted it for my wedding colors, but my sole Matron of Honor revolted. Said she looked "dead" in pink. So we settled on a deep rose pink for the Matron of Honor and Flower girl and a lighter gray for all the tuxes. It really looked sharp! I'd love to make a quilt out of those colors! Don't know why I shouldn't!

jeank 06-26-2012 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5315160)
When I was little girl, back in the 50's, my moma painted 3 walls in our living room gray and 1 pink. I just loved it.

Same time period, my mama painted our kitchen pink walls and gray cupboards.

rayjanetwashburn 06-26-2012 03:57 AM

I have a piece of vintage fabric that is white, gray, black and pink print. It is only 36 inches wide so that dates it, I think. I had no idea what to do with it, but I guess if one keeps things long enough, they will eventually come back in style. I know my pointy toe spike heels are now fashionable again, but my old tired feet and legs would not cooperate with them this time around.