Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pink and Gray (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pink-gray-t192676.html)

GrannieLOU 06-26-2012 04:26 AM

I remember my older brother having a black & pink clip-on bow tie - would you believe all the boys in his class wore matching ones for their confirmation day at church! Unfortunately we only have black & white photos of the occasion - the mother's were all a little surprised on the big day!

anniehug 06-26-2012 04:31 AM

The very first quilt I made, about 20 years ago, was a sampler quilt in pink, grey & White. It's very well used now but still looks quite good.

mhansen6 06-26-2012 04:39 AM

This color combination reminds me of the Oregon Coast. All the little houses were painted gray with pink trim.

QuiltingNancy 06-26-2012 05:08 AM

I love pink and gray; I haven't seen it in fabrics; must look for it!

sylviak 06-26-2012 05:25 AM

My mom painted the kitchen in gray and light yellow, which I thought was very pretty. However, she painted the bathroom "flamingo"! Boy, was that ever bright!

patticriss 06-26-2012 05:56 AM

I painted my grandaughters bedroom a pale, silvery gray and when I first chose the color my daughter said oh my gosh Mom, that's awful, but once painted on the wall, she loved it. All the other colors in the room just seem to sing with this lovely gray as a background. I painted very large roses on one wall and they just appear to jump out at you. It is really beautiful.

catmcclure 06-26-2012 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5313655)
Pink and Gray seem to be a popular combination this year.

It seems a bit 'weird' to me, though.

In the late 1950's - back when the dinosaurs still walked the earth - that's what the high school guys were wearing - in Minnesota in a tiny rural town!

Elvis was King and wore those colors. Ah, my favorite skirt was a double circle that was black with four inserts that were several shades of grey. I always wore it with a pink sweater.

catmcclure 06-26-2012 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5317715)
My mom painted the kitchen in gray and light yellow, which I thought was very pretty. However, she painted the bathroom "flamingo"! Boy, was that ever bright!

Well, in a bathroom that color you wouldn't want to linger long - good psychology. Some restaurants do that with colors. They want the tables to turn over quickly.

burchquilts 06-26-2012 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 5313876)
Ha! I remember skirts that were gray with a pink poodle on them! my Sister bought me one. but i do like pink and gray. it's a good color combination for lots of things.

I personally love pink & gray & made a Dresden Plate quilt for my DH's boss's baby back in the 80's from that combo (wow... I'm OLD!). I also remember back in the 60's that my aunt's house had pink & gray marble in her master bathroom (oh, I thought it was so elegant!)... the house had probably be built in the late 50's.

burchquilts 06-26-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by patticriss (Post 5317830)
I painted my grandaughters bedroom a pale, silvery gray and when I first chose the color my daughter said oh my gosh Mom, that's awful, but once painted on the wall, she loved it. All the other colors in the room just seem to sing with this lovely gray as a background. I painted very large roses on one wall and they just appear to jump out at you. It is really beautiful.

My DD just bought her first house & painted quite a bit of it in gray. You're right... it's the perfect foil for all the other colors she brought it... I love it!