Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pinwheel-project-start-feb-10-2011-new-t96494.html)

AnnieF 02-09-2011 09:15 AM

Wow, we have 27 pages of replies. I also am thrilled to be doing this, just to get my creative juices running again. I'm a laid back...."fly by the seat of my pants" type of scrap quilter so I've read all of the comments and I have to add...its my opinion that you are all over-thinking this pinwheel project...what is the exact size it'll come out...what is the exact number of pinwheels I'll need to make. I have a large number of 5 inch batik squares that I'm going to be using....I tried it with white fabric but think I'll go with black as a unifying fabric that'll make the pinwheels float on the quilt....but besides that, I'm just going to enjoy sitting down each night and making my pinwheel...choosing a fun looking fabric and sewing. I figure at some point, I might get bored with the project...at that time, I plan on pulling out all my completed pinwheels...putting them up on my design board, seeing what size quilt I can make with them and proceeding with it. So I say...chill out and lets just have fun doing this together.

grann of 6 02-09-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieF
Wow, we have 27 pages of replies. I also am thrilled to be doing this, just to get my creative juices running again. I'm a laid back...."fly by the seat of my pants" type of scrap quilter so I've read all of the comments and I have to add...its my opinion that you are all over-thinking this pinwheel project...what is the exact size it'll come out...what is the exact number of pinwheels I'll need to make. I have a large number of 5 inch batik squares that I'm going to be using....I tried it with white fabric but think I'll go with black as a unifying fabric that'll make the pinwheels float on the quilt....but besides that, I'm just going to enjoy sitting down each night and making my pinwheel...choosing a fun looking fabric and sewing. I figure at some point, I might get bored with the project...at that time, I plan on pulling out all my completed pinwheels...putting them up on my design board, seeing what size quilt I can make with them and proceeding with it. So I say...chill out and lets just have fun doing this together.

You are my kinda girl :lol: :lol: I said this same thing a few pages back. It is supposed to be fun :!: Why make such a chore out of it? Just sew some pieces together and see what you get; that is the fun of it. That is why I liked the twisters, you don't know what you are getting till you are done.

watson's mom 02-09-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by coffeepot
Hi everyone my name is Marilyn and I am pretty new here but would love to be counted in. Start date is pretty special my 52 birthday and I love pinwheels.

Hi coffepot and welcome to the quilting board.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Marilyn.
Happy birthday to you.

coffeepot 02-09-2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by watson's mom

Originally Posted by coffeepot
Hi everyone my name is Marilyn and I am pretty new here but would love to be counted in. Start date is pretty special my 52 birthday and I love pinwheels.

Hi coffepot and welcome to the quilting board.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Marilyn.
Happy birthday to you.

Hi Watson's mom awe thank you so much. I am just getting ready to take off to see my daughter for her birthday a couple hour drive. I noticed you are a retired autworker I am also. I work for G.M. only 4 years left now woo hoo and will be quilting full time and loving it.

Ceil 02-09-2011 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by AnnieF

You are my kinda girl :lol: :lol: I said this same thing a few pages back. It is supposed to be fun :!: Why make such a chore out of it? Just sew some pieces together and see what you get; that is the fun of it. That is why I liked the twisters, you don't know what you are getting till you are done.

Just wanted to add in the "It takes all kinds department" that for some of us the planning and the math IS part of the fun! :lol: Sometimes I do just wing it and sometimes that even works!

makakehau 02-09-2011 01:44 PM

ooops

grandme26 02-09-2011 01:46 PM

I thought I had signed up awhile back so please add me to the list if I had a senior moment and thought I signed up but did not.
grandme26
Judy
Thank you.
Found me on page 7 bottom half of page. :)

I made 2 pinwheels today using the stitchin al around and they turned out fairly well. I also pressed the seams open and that seems to have helped. Might start doing that on all that I do.

Floralfab 02-09-2011 02:17 PM

Add me in too. I love pinwheels and am going to do mine scrappy and white.

grann of 6 02-09-2011 02:20 PM

I am going to try to work on mine some tonight, since I won't be home tomorrow (if the weather continues to cooperate). My DDIL and I are going to Longwood Gardens to look at the orchid display and get a taste of spring. (Shhhh, don't tell the weatherman, it's just our little secret) :roll: :lol:

JanetWall 02-09-2011 03:31 PM

Ok Starting tonight. Been playing with mine on scrap fabric. Wish me luck.