Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   please help me choose the middle for my christmas dresden plate runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-help-me-choose-middle-my-christmas-dresden-plate-runner-t158885.html)

chamby 10-09-2011 05:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
bearisgray, you are correct in your reply. This is why I do not like any of them. So I went shopping and changed my whole mind. I will post later What I chose. In the mean time I am putting together another dresden and will try the black on for size before I get too far ahead. The sashing will be green as well as the backing and binding so not sure about the black until I see it. Thanks for all the help.

jellybeans 10-09-2011 05:15 AM

The second one.

Rettie V. Grama 10-09-2011 05:21 AM

My suggestion is that you not use any of those. Try to find a white background with Green Holly leaves and berries. or just the medium green.

Originally Posted by chamby
Here are the choices. To be honest I do not like any of them. I may have to go a different route. The background block is what you see. I just have the black so that you can see better. I am planning on putting sashing between the blocks and using christmas green for the backing and binding. I am just not happy with with it so far. I am wanting something that is elegant and pops. I haven't even decided on the color of the sashing yet.

Rettie V. Grama 10-09-2011 05:23 AM

Like this one better but I see just the white and red dresden plate pattern sticking out like arrows.

Originally Posted by chamby
bearisgray, you are correct in your reply. This is why I do not like any of them. So I went shopping and changed my whole mind. I will post later What I chose. In the mean time I am putting together another dresden and will try the black on for size before I get too far ahead. The sashing will be green as well as the backing and binding so not sure about the black until I see it. Thanks for all the help.

pstrwife 10-09-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary
Of the three I like the gold the best. It pops more and I think it has the elegance you are looking for.

gold

Rettie V. Grama 10-09-2011 05:25 AM

I suggested a white background with Green Holly and red berries. Also suggested the green. What do they say? "2 great minds work well together."

Originally Posted by twinkie
I like the red but did you try one with a green center? Good job.

sdclk 10-09-2011 05:25 AM

I like the first one ..tan. I would make the background the same tan and use one of the Christmas prints the sashing and outer borders. But that's just me.

SueSew 10-09-2011 05:27 AM

I like the one with the red and gold paisley - next to last. Blends in.

sunrise450 10-09-2011 05:28 AM

The red! It looks so elegant in the red. Hope you show us when it is finished.

PolkaBabe 10-09-2011 05:28 AM

RED of course.