Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   please talk me out of it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-talk-me-out-t110219.html)

Auntie B 03-26-2011 09:14 PM

Yup, I agree, this is not a problem I would have trouble dealing with. I work in a beautiful little quilt shop/machine sales shop, and the best we can do there for discount is 30 %. So go for it, twice as much fabric for your money, stock up !!!!! lol

MarieM 03-27-2011 06:48 AM

Thanks for sharing. We want to see pictures of that Glacier Star when you have it finished. I love that pattern.

ncsewer 03-27-2011 09:14 AM

I don'f think you have many supporters here. We're a bunch of enablers and wishing we were close enough to be there with you. HAve fun!!!!!!!!!!!

wvdek 03-27-2011 09:47 AM

I would tell you to drink some scotch and stay at home because you can't drink and drive, but...ummm...you need the money for something else I am sure and you probably already have enough fabric and...and...and...

Ms Elaine Va 03-27-2011 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
So this weekend a LQS is having a 50% off sale... someone please talk me out of going there. it could be a really expensive trip!

from now on when I go I'm taking patterns or amts needed with me . I promised myself to buy only what goes with or is needed to complete. Now did you say 50% Are they going out of bus.?? It will never happen at my LQS. Hope you have fun and find lots of GOOD STUFF wish I could go too.

GrannieAnnie 03-27-2011 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
First ask yourself, can I afford to go on a shopping spree? If so then how much can you afford to spend? Once you decide how much you can afford then only take cash with you, leave credit and debit cards at home. Now if you do not have to worry about finances then go have yourself a blast and remember to share your new stuff with those of us who can't go shopping so we can tell you how jealous we are. LOL!! :-)

Wellllllllllllll, some advice you give. Be a sport. Let her take her credit cards too.

tee hee

Nanamoms 03-27-2011 11:16 PM

NO! NO!....you CAN'T pass up the 50% sale. I know, we are all enablers! :)

kapatt 03-27-2011 11:20 PM

50% off!!! Why would I try to talk you out of it. laughing....I would be in the car and on my way to shop. :thumbup: :lol:

Ripped on Scotch 03-28-2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Elaine Va

So this weekend a LQS is having a 50% off sale... someone please talk me out of going there. it could be a really expensive trip!

from now on when I go I'm taking patterns or amts needed with me . I promised myself to buy only what goes with or is needed to complete. Now did you say 50% Are they going out of bus.?? It will never happen at my LQS. Hope you have fun and find lots of GOOD STUFF wish I could go too.

They weren't going out of business. Something about her son was is going to school and the funding fell through at the last minute so she needed to make some $ fast.

Ms Elaine Va 03-29-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Elaine Va

They weren't going out of business. Something about her son was is going to school and the funding fell through at the last minute so she needed to make some $ fast.

Your lucky day but too bad about the son-
Tell us what you got at the Sale What are you going to make??