Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please tell me about the Bernina BSR?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-tell-me-about-bernina-bsr-t247331.html)

Jim's Gem 05-24-2014 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 (Post 6729798)
I bought a BRS for my Artista 200 as soon as it came out. I love the BRS and, to me, it has been worth the cost. My Free motion stitches are always a uniform size. Unlike Jamsbuying, I am a slow FMQ and have never gotten a beep to slow down. The BSR probably wants me to speed up. I use the BSR for most of my stitching in the ditch. It did take practice before I was pleased with my FMQ.

I have aBSR foot and use it all the time for FMQ. I laugh cause I had to turn my sound off but it still screams at me the entire time I am stitching cause I always go too fast. I just decrease my stitch length and sew away. I love using it!! I do use it very fast though!!!

mommysewist 05-24-2014 05:15 PM

I have an 820, it comes with the BSR. I think it's great! Definitely an improvement on my FMQ. I'm a Bernina junkie now ;-)

Doggramma 05-24-2014 05:45 PM

I also have a Bernina 820 with the BSR. Love it. And I too mute it too. Before the BSR I got pretty confident with FM but my stitches were inconsistently sized.

Onetomatoplant 05-24-2014 05:51 PM

If you're interested in the stitch regulator, Babylock has one too, but I'm not sure which of their machines has it.

Dolphyngyrl 05-25-2014 08:43 PM

Here is my take on stitch regulators, yes it wil give you uniform stitch as long as you keep a consistent speed, the problem lies in when you change speed and the machine doesn't have enough time to respond which in turn creates more jerky looking stitches, so yes it helps but there is still a learning curve and you still have to be consistent to get decent results, but having practiced with and without one I can see their value will they make your FMQ beautiful no, you still have to practice , will you practice pieces have more even stitches yes. I have had mine for my brother for only a little while and was debating selling it but having played with it a few weekends ago, I do actually like it, I just need to get used to it and spend more time with it

Knitette 05-25-2014 11:06 PM

I tried the BSR and didn't like it at all - slow and 'draggy' and took it off. My FMQ is far from perfect and as the other posters have said, you will still need to practice.

However, that said, the FMQ I did without the BSR was lovely and smooth and produced a nice stitch, albeit not necessarily all the same length, lol.

For me, I can't justify the extra expense for something I wouldn't use a lot, when my existing machine has most of the Bernina features.

romanojg 05-26-2014 05:43 AM

I think this and Berninas are like most things on here, you'll have lovers, haters and those who are indifferent. I'd say if you can try it out first then do so. Or at least, make sure there is a return policy and then test it out alot during that time frame to make sure its what you want and need or it may end up in the not used pile.