Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please tell me about your most favorite quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-tell-me-about-your-most-favorite-quilt-t29517.html)

farscapegal 11-30-2009 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Sybil - that is amazing!!!! How did you do that??

Thank you. I put the photo in photoshop and used the mosaic feature. Then just took it line by line and fussy cut my fabric so that I had the shading where I needed it. I used all batiks. I also cut my binding so that it matched the fabric on the outside. I didn't want a "frame" around it.

Sybil

Naturalmama 12-09-2009 10:09 AM

I still have a LOT to learn - what is a Mark Twain quilt?

quiltsRfun 12-09-2009 11:06 AM

After struggling with HST and flying geese to make a "spectacular" quilt for my grandson, I realized that my all time favorite quilt is one I did with a fabric I loved, alternating colors of 6-inch squares and a couple of borders. Also a simple design that I hand quilted.

jljack 12-09-2009 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite so far is a quilt my mom and I made together for my sister's birthday this year. It is by far the most challenging quilt I have tried, and mom stuck it out making all the flower blocks except 2 that are paper pieced...I did those 2. My sister loves Victorian looking things, and this looks great in her bedroom. It's queen bed sized. I love how it came out. The pattern came out of a QuiltMaker magazine issue.

It's really called "Mary's Garden"...fat fingers!!

May's Garden
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13074[/ATTACH]

billswife99 12-09-2009 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh this is a fun thread! Here is my very first big quilt, made for my son and his wife for a wedding gift. I hand quilted it and thought I would never finish on time! I was still sewing the day before I had to fly out. Whew!!

Tiffany 12-09-2009 12:02 PM

These quilts are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

moreland 12-09-2009 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my favorite. It was one of my earlier big quilts. I am not very good at visualizing colors, so on this one I followed the pattern very closely and it worked

Flowers in My Cabin quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39038[/ATTACH]

Barb_MO 12-09-2009 06:36 PM

I love the flower in the cabin...and it does look like the one in the book I bought. You did a great job. I have made this quilt 3 or 4 times, but had to enlarge the pieces by 1/8 or 1/4 in to be able to handle them. I also had one of my quilted in circles.

Barb_MO 12-09-2009 06:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if I have a favorite, but I think this is the most appreciated quilt I have ever made and given away.
I made this for my grandson to mark a very important event in his life.

circle bargello
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39740[/ATTACH]

close up of circle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45604[/ATTACH]

Tiffany 12-09-2009 06:41 PM

What book is that from? I love the pattern!