Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please tell me about your most favorite quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-tell-me-about-your-most-favorite-quilt-t29517.html)

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 12-11-2009 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, I got it now, lol! I don't like that you can't edit pictures when you edit your message *sigh*

KBunn 12-11-2009 08:32 AM

My favorite would be my avator quilt. It's a simple quilt I put together for a friend who is very active in supporting the troops. He called and asked if I could make something that could be raffled off for operation sweettoth that he was organizing. It was last minute so I did some serious late night sewing to get it ready . The day of the auction my friend introduced me to several of the family members of soldiers stationed in Iraq that were organing this raffle and subsequent donations. I was so moved to be able to be part of this that it will forever be my favorite quilt.

pittsburgpam 12-11-2009 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this one is my favorite so far. It's for my middle daughter and it hasn't been quilted yet. It's my first feathered star and my own design. I did it before I had EQ6 so there was a lot of figuring out the layout and I was so happy that it came together as it was supposed to.

Jim's Gem 12-11-2009 09:49 AM

You all have some really beautiful favorites!!!

MadQuilter 12-11-2009 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Mad, this is beautiful. I can't figure out who this is made, will you explain how you did this?

Thanks. Let me see if I can explain it:

Each circle is sewn as a separate unit - you cut a small slit along the edge and pillow turn. Then you quilt each circle across. Then you sew two circles together along one edge until one row is done. (Where the circles are together, they form a wedge that sticks up.)
Once all the rows are done, you sew them together, again along the edges.
When the assembly is finished, you push the wedge pieces down and top-stitch them down.

Let me see if the close-up makes sense out of the description.

butterflyquilter 12-11-2009 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my favorite; I haven't quilted it yet. It is called Special Memories. Each block is a memory in my life! I just loved doing this one.

Tiffany 12-11-2009 10:56 AM

Martina, I just love how you used color across your quilts. The circle one is my favorite but they are both gorgeous. Did you make the pattern yourself or is there a pattern or book out there that gave you the colors? I ask because I really want to do a quilt with the color changing like this across the quilt. I just haven't sat down to actually draw and color it out on graph paper yet. I keep hoping someone in the family will take the hint and buy me EQ6! So far no luck, but I'm holding out for Christmas.

EDIT: hmmm, the 3rd page didn't show up until I posted this. Now I get to go look at more fabulous quilts. I just love this thread!

Bill'sBonBon 12-11-2009 05:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I Actually have 2 favorites,They kinda of are neck and neck in how much I love them. The First is my Attic Window quilt. Took so long exactly one yr. to make and it was for myself. I just think it is Beautiful,I love it.
The next is the last one I did for my DH Grt.Niece Abby Harris. I love the Applique Butterflies and it was my first time to do freemotion quilting on my kenmore Domestic machine. I want one for myself. BillsBonBon

My attic window
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58110[/ATTACH]

Abby's Butterfly quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58111[/ATTACH]

kat112000 12-11-2009 06:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this is a quilt I made for my daughter, it was a mystery quilt and I love how it turned out. I sent it away to be quilted and the woman did a fabulous job on it.

My second favorite one is a photo one that I made for my brother.

MadQuilter 12-11-2009 06:11 PM

These quilts are all awesome.

Tiffany, I got it from a pattern but don't know what I did with it. (You know, one of those "never again" quilts.)