Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   possible Michigan quilt retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/possible-michigan-quilt-retreat-t39885.html)

Pamela Artman 03-18-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
I might be interested. It depends on when you decide to have it and if I have found a job or not, anyway I will start putting some money away. Just in case I can make it.

Would spring work better for you or fall?

Up North 03-19-2010 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman

I might be interested. It depends on when you decide to have it and if I have found a job or not, anyway I will start putting some money away. Just in case I can make it.

doesn't matter but being laid off I need to save up some moola!

:lol: I sure will consider it! Will you supply a list of things we should bring? I have never done anything like this before.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-19-2010 04:44 AM

Sounds great, wish I lived closer.

LindaR 03-19-2010 04:53 AM

I think I misunderstood you LOL, I thought you meant 10 to a bedroom. sorry....I get ya now...when you decide on date I'll see if it works for me

Pamela Artman 03-19-2010 05:42 AM

doesn't matter but being laid off I need to save up some moola!

:lol: I sure will consider it! Will you supply a list of things we should bring? I have never done anything like this before.

I am considering the date of April 17th. I can get the resort that week, but I know it's short notice. I started another post about the retreat, but so far haven't got any definite responses. Yes, I will tell everyone what to bring, but it will basically be your sewing machine, fabric for whatever class we have (as soon as we decide on a class), basic sewing/cutting equipment and maybe another project or two of your own to work on. Basically, it's just a time for quilters to get together to sew and have fun and maybe learn something new! It will be small and informal.

Pamela Artman 03-19-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I think I misunderstood you LOL, I thought you meant 10 to a bedroom. sorry....I get ya now...when you decide on date I'll see if it works for me

That's ok, that's what I thought you understood. I'm trying for April 17th!! I know it's short notice, but when I was looking on line for availability, this week was the only week open this spring, so I thought I'd see if I could put something together quickly! Let me know if this is a possibility for you.

Pamela Artman 03-19-2010 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Gramakitten
fall is really busy for me with retreats already. If it works I would love to go.

I'm trying to put one together for the week of April 17th!! Is that possible for you?

LoisN 03-19-2010 06:08 AM

I won't be able to attend, but hope you have a great turnout and a great time. If you plan anything for the fall, I'm game.

Pamela Artman 03-19-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by lnordyke
I won't be able to attend, but hope you have a great turnout and a great time. If you plan anything for the fall, I'm game.

I hope to do this a few times a year and in different locations. I'd like to have one in Branson, MO, one in Vermont and one in Pennsylvania (so far!) and maybe one in Indiana. We'll see how this one goes!

LindaR 03-20-2010 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gramakitten
fall is really busy for me with retreats already. If it works I would love to go.

I'm trying to put one together for the week of April 17th!! Is that possible for you?

I have a meeting I have to be there that week, have fun, sure wish I could have worked it out but April is busy...