Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Practice, practice, practice!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/practice-practice-practice-t22034.html)

janRN 06-29-2009 07:57 AM

Thanks everyone for all the fmq suggestions. I look at your quilts and assume you just sit down and quilt and they turn out so beautifully. I realize now that you all have practiced and had lots of patience. I am going to try all your hints (maybe even drugs and alcohol-lol) and hopefully I'll have something worth showing soon. I always hand quilted but I have too many ideas floating in my head to take that much time with each project. Thank you, my friends.

gaigai 06-29-2009 07:59 AM

I think you're giving us too much credit on the patience thing. I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but there have been a whole lot of times when I've had to restrain myself from chucking my sewchine straight through a window! And not because the MACHINE was acting up! LOL

littlehud 06-29-2009 06:19 PM

I have looked at many of my projects and wanted to quit. Just not my nature to quit so I kept at it til it got better.

Rhonda 06-29-2009 06:43 PM

When I get frustrated I get stubborn! It is not!! going to get the better of me!! I have been quilting for 30 years and I get very frustrated when I have to tear out seams! I HATE to rip seams out and I do miniatures so my seams aren't that long! :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
I excell at one thing - I can procrastinate with the best of them!!

kwhite 06-29-2009 07:30 PM

I too have been sewing for many many years and I still get to the point that I would throw the machine out a window (if I had a window). Keep at it. My best advise is to walk away rather then continue to try when you are frustrated.

amma 06-29-2009 08:26 PM

I keep telling myself that if it was that easy to just sit down and do....there would not be all of those tutorials, videos, books, lectures, workshops, etc.............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

guehlein 06-29-2009 10:50 PM

I'm not sure the word "patience" is even in my vocabulary and definitely has never been used in the same sentence when refering to me - but I thank you anyway.

Gloria

guehlein 06-29-2009 10:53 PM

Well, I have several machines (just in case that urge hits me) and I also have lots and lots of seam rippers because I know that urge will not only hit me but it will get thrown out due to frustration and aggravation, but I keep on plugging away. Been quilting for over 30 years now and still have days where nothing works.

Gloria

k3n 06-29-2009 11:01 PM

My problem is I want to master EVERYTHING - FIRST GO! Otherwise I get peed off with myself! Like a toddler, my ambition exceeds my talent - and also like a toddler, the ensuing tantrums can be monumental! Sometimes I wish I could just ENJOY the learning process but oh no; not me - I have to MASTER that sucker! LOL

tlrnhi 06-29-2009 11:07 PM

Me too! Now, if I could only wrap my brain around kaleidescopes!