Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Problem with my Southwest quilt... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/problem-my-southwest-quilt-t263858.html)

cassiemae 04-13-2015 03:26 PM

I don't have any answer to your question but I DO KNOW your quilt is beautiful.

amandasgramma 04-13-2015 03:41 PM

How about one last idea??? How about a 6" border......but within THAT border, you use the same colors, cut into diamonds (squares on point) and have them running from top to bottom on the sides and maybe the ends. BUT, i wouldn't run them ALL the way......just maybe leave 1/4 of the ends blank. ? does that sound like I'm talking thru mud???

Dina 04-13-2015 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma (Post 7163866)
How about one last idea??? How about a 6" border......but within THAT border, you use the same colors, cut into diamonds (squares on point) and have them running from top to bottom on the sides and maybe the ends. BUT, i wouldn't run them ALL the way......just maybe leave 1/4 of the ends blank. ? does that sound like I'm talking thru mud???

I like the sound of this, though it takes more skill level than I have. Plus, I have already committed myself to multiple borders....only have one left to sew on. I sure hope I like it. I can't tell so far. I will post a picture when I get that border on.

It is a good idea and would look good though....thanks.

Dina

Dina 04-13-2015 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by M cubed (Post 7163825)
My two cents: use the background for a small border (about 3") then use all your colors in a keyboard boarder which can be anysize you want. It will tie together nicely and take care of a solid problem.

Thanks, this is a good idea, but today I jumped right in and have added multiple borders. I have one left to go and then it will be done. I tried something out similar to your idea, but it didn't look good. Yours probably would have.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate it. I will post a picture when this last border is on....if I can find a spot big enough for the quilt, which is now quite large. I have no floor space large enough, nor is my design wall large enough. May end up being on the bed....that might work.

Dina

Bobbielinks 04-14-2015 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 7160949)
i agree with barb's thoughts.

I also agree with Barb and QuiltnNan. I believe any borders will take away from the beautiful Navajo design.

Dina 04-14-2015 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here is what I ended up with. You can't see the last border too well, but it is black. Currently it is 5 inches, but it may end up being smaller. I am pleased with the quilt, though now it is almost bigger than I needed. :) Guess I didn't measure too well....

I had a lot of trouble finding a place to take a picture, but this is what my quilt inspector and I came up with.

Dina

amandasgramma 04-14-2015 04:52 PM

Great job!!!! I think the border added to the quilt --- framed the picture :) :) It's BEAUTIFUL!