Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The problem with UFO's is..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/problem-ufos-t96841.html)

Lynnie25 02-04-2011 08:04 PM

LOL I'm with you on the glass of wine ! I have just finished quilting a UFO, pieced years ago and had the same thought when I pulled it out. The border fabric is definitely not what I would have used now and I had mitred 2 corners and the other 2 were straight...must have had too much wine that day :)

Anyway it is finished, binding is about to go on and then I can give it away to someone who will love it.

carolaug 02-04-2011 08:08 PM

I am finding that the first quilt i made is not that good...now that I know how to quilt. Also i am starting to think of harder patterns....

lindyline 02-04-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
that you unpack the thing, look at it and say "What the BLEEP was I thinking when I did _________."

Then you find the baggie of mystery pieces and the inevitable thought of "What in the world is this piece of fabric for and why is it cut in this peculiar way?" is soon to follow.

Finally you realize WHY this is a UFO. You pour yourself a glass of wine and grab the instructions and a seam ripper.

Have you been snooping upstairs at my house??
I heartily second the glass of wine, and recommend chocolate to follow. I wish you as much luck with youur errant ufo, as I'm having with mine. It's coming together slowly, but surely. Of course, if all else fails, it won't be a ufo, it'll become landfill!! :thumbup:

mrspete 02-04-2011 08:37 PM

uuh huh

2 Doods 02-04-2011 08:42 PM

I skipped the wine and went straight for the chocolate martini! I have one UFO that I need to figure out where I left off and how to get all the blocks to fit....UGH! I should have finished it way back when.

Sapphire_Rae 02-04-2011 08:59 PM

lol! I got a UFO out recently and went through the same sorta thing. Only I didn't undo anything, just added borders and am calling it good. Should've had the wine, might have found some enjoyment in working on it.

seamstome 02-04-2011 09:00 PM

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! It's only 11pm. One block was upside down which is it looked so funny. Then I miscut the light which is the background and I technically dont have enough. Some time along the way I stole some dark fabric from it for another project but I can replace it with something that works. Third, if I made it one row shorter and the border a little wider I can have enough fabric. Instead of 64 by 80. It will be 66 by 74. It is a lap quilt. He wont know that it was supposed to be few inches longer and it will be DONE.

amma 02-04-2011 09:26 PM

Yep!! Been there and done that :D:D:D

kateyb 02-04-2011 09:33 PM

After finding some UFO's that I had to think about I have started to leave myself little notes so when I pick it up again I know where I was and why I put it aside. Sometimes I need a fabric or sometimes I need a skill. Sometimes I was just frustrated with it at the time. Now some of them go so quickly because I have learned more.

farmer623 02-05-2011 04:35 AM

I've apparently lost my mind and that's why I have some of my UFO's. I found some 12 inch blocks the other day that I cut a couple of years ago and I have no idea what they're for.