Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Projects bought and waiting.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/projects-bought-waiting-t168934.html)

faykilgore 11-20-2011 04:07 AM

I refuse to go count them, but will confess to two that need to be finished before Christmas. The lap quilt I started quilting yesterday and the other is a queen-sized flannel that I'm almost half done hand quilting. Oh, and a baby quilt. I will watch this thread and see if someone starts one that we must account for our progress. I have at least 3 I want to finish in 2012. It's difficult when you work two jobs to support your addictions! :)

GailG 11-20-2011 04:14 AM

I have a stack of finished tops and boxes of projects with fabrics ready to go. Unfortunately I will go into those boxes and "borrow" a fabric that will work on something else that I'm doing. Then I'll have to replace the fabric whenever I'm ready for that project. There's this one fabric that I should have bought the whole bolt because i keep going for that green.

CAJAMK 11-20-2011 04:15 AM

With all the baby quilts I have to make the kids will be teens by the time I finish. That does not include promised curtains for a playhouse, kindle cover, swag for my kitchen, oh...all kinds of stuff!

Geri B 11-20-2011 07:16 AM

I too have too many wip...and counting them would be depressing......so, everyone, since a new year is approaching...well, almost, we should make a group resolution - something like finishing one and maybe at least two of these wip this coming year..........someone compose the agreement and we shall say aye to it........

T-Anne 11-20-2011 08:38 AM

Wow, now this a scary question! haha Too many projects in work to count.

fatquarters 11-20-2011 08:54 AM

6 WIP and around 20 that are all ready with fabric and pattern pairs nicely in small containers. I buy the pattern and fabric and then store everything together in small shoebox size clear containers, ready to go. I really would like to do a couple scrappies too. This year I did very little buying, and tried to work on my pile. Of course I bought a little, but mostly backing, or batting. I really have to work on these ones and not buy more. I am not even attending any classes but have booked into a few retreats that will allow me to work on my pile of progects.
I dont like to have too many WIP, drives me a little crazy.

Maybe that could be a new term POPs----Pile of projects!

caspharm 11-20-2011 09:13 AM

I have many waiting to be finished. Most were started when I was working and didn't get finished (either from class or a shop hop).

jcrow 11-20-2011 10:34 AM

I have over 60 quilt kits sitting in my sewing room. Then I have shelves, drawers, rubbermaid tubs, and baskets full of fabrics. I have 9 quilts that I need to bind (I don't like binding one bit), 6 that need to go to the long arm quilter, and about 10 that I'm working on. I'm OCD all the way. I work on one for just so long and get bored and start a new one. That's why I have so many I'm still working on. But I always get them done within a year. I make about 20 quilts a year. I'm retired and quilt almost every day. My housework shows how much I love to quilt :-)

Alondra 11-20-2011 11:23 AM

<hiding face in shame> Not tellin'! Like Sewflower, I can't count that high. Suffice it to say, enough for one lifetime. I'm not as fast (or diligent) at finishing projects as I used to be. Actually, I guess it does serve a purpose... I can't die until I finish all these projects. <G>

Alondra 11-20-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 4702008)
I have over 60 quilt kits sitting in my sewing room. Then I have shelves, drawers, rubbermaid tubs, and baskets full of fabrics. I have 9 quilts that I need to bind (I don't like binding one bit), 6 that need to go to the long arm quilter, and about 10 that I'm working on. I'm OCD all the way. I work on one for just so long and get bored and start a new one. That's why I have so many I'm still working on. But I always get them done within a year. I make about 20 quilts a year. I'm retired and quilt almost every day. My housework shows how much I love to quilt :-)

Oh, my, you've got even me beat! Too bad we live so far apart, because I'd enjoy binding your quilts. In return, you could cut my fabric for me. Housework? What housework? <G>