Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pull-up-your-socks-girls-does-not-apply-fellas-t81158.html)

quiltaroni 12-08-2010 09:16 AM

It occurs to me to wonder what they would want us to wear at 7am in the morning to sit at the computer so that we can catch up on our quilting board news?

Ellie'sNana 12-08-2010 09:53 AM

Very quaint. Thanks for sharing.

littleone 12-08-2010 10:55 AM

What a hoot. Enjoyed reading everyones responses, got a kick out of them. Me, I wear what ever at the moment, could be PJs, jeans, or cropps;

trupeach1 12-08-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
I refuse to wear a bra while sewing or in my home for that matter , glad I didn't grow up in 1900's.

Ditto.......NO BRA I would rather be in a straight jacket. Actually that is what a bra feels like to me.

In the early 1900's they didn't wear bras they wore stays.

Nancy11442 12-08-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Old flannel nightgown, hair not brushed, never any makeup---and that's at quilting retreat, just imagine what I look like at home!!! LOL Just kidding, it's about the same and it's not a picture that you even want to imagine.
Jemma--I don't own a lipstick either.

I'm surprized it didn't say "Only begin sewing after all daily chores are done, your house is spotless and your husband's supper is in the oven."

I laughed when I read Raptureready's response!! I imagine I'll look just like this when the rapture DOES come!! Thanks for the laugh.

GrammaO 12-08-2010 01:23 PM

Oh my. Reading all these while I'm sitting at my desk at work, trying not to laugh out loud at most of the comments! You all crack me up! My crock pot is my best friend on my 'sew days'. Dinner goes in it, hair goes into a pony tail, on goes the big baggy t-shirt and sweats. I own a lipstick but not sure about it's shelf life. It's almost as old as the article that started this thread! Ha, carry on ladies!

twospoiledhuskies 12-08-2010 01:48 PM

Ooooooo do you think I might need this?? - At the moment my hair is up in a sloppy pony tail, no make up (yikes), in baggy sweatshirt and pants coated in husky/aussie hair from my inspectors. When my hubby comes looking for dinner I tell him it will be in the kitchen - after he fixes it.

I think, he'd think he was in the wrong house if I was to following those instructions...... Everyone feel sorry for him - it's a sad sad story.... hee hee
(PS - he's put up with this for over 30 years) :-D

twospoiledhuskies 12-08-2010 01:50 PM

GrammaO are you my long lost twin?? Sounds like it :-D

hikingquilter 12-08-2010 02:12 PM

LOL Good one! A dress? Only to my own child's wedding 2 years ago and only because they said 'please'(and then it went to Goodwill). Lipstick? Huh?

Deara 12-08-2010 02:21 PM

Amusing, side-splitting thread.

So enjoyed all the responses.

Blessings,
Sandi