Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quandry - can't seem to get started . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quandry-cant-seem-get-started-t163146.html)

susie-susie-susie 10-25-2011 12:16 PM

I think a lot of us have this problem. I tend to get the top finished, and then it sits in the closet for ages. I tend to wait to buy the binding and backing, and don't get the quilt quilted. Picking out the fabrics is probably my favorite part of quilting.
Sue

athomenow 10-25-2011 12:27 PM

We should team up. I don't enjoy picking colors or trying to find a pattern. If you could do all that I would gladly sew!!

Mad Mimm 10-25-2011 01:11 PM

:lol: I feel your pain. Why do you think so many quilters have multiple projects going at the same time and stacks of UFOs? Just keep plugging away - if you start feeling restless, put one away and work on another, and so on. Eventually you will get something done. There is nothing to compare with the satisfaction of putting your last hand stitches on a binding - that moment of completion is sweetness beyond measure!!! Once you taste it, you will love finishing projects!

3incollege 10-25-2011 01:12 PM

you can't be a newbie, been doing this for years.

CoventryUK 10-25-2011 01:14 PM

Its called 'Quilting Addiction' and you have type with no known cure!!!!!! Hehe!! Join the club!!!!

Jill 10-25-2011 01:48 PM

I always have several projects going at the same time I guess because I like the variety. Someone else said it, but I think that most of us have parts we like or don't like, so perhaps you'll find that cutting is your favorite part. My favorite part is the binding because then I know it's done and that is a great feeling.

SuziC 10-25-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by justsojanie
Thank you all so much for the encouragement. You're absolutely right, I need to concentrate - the final result - hopefully - will be worth it!! Maybe if I make a rule for myself that I can't cut anything else until I have the current top sewn together! Thanks again,j

Good Luck with that LOL It happens to all of us at some point.

GreatStarter 10-25-2011 02:24 PM

Many others here are just like you. Maybe you can set a goal that you must finish one project before you are allowed to start another one?

Kat

familyfun 10-25-2011 02:32 PM

Good Luck to you .. I am like you in a way... I think .. wow.. that is great.. I want to make one of those.. then I start it (I HATE cutting) then I sit down and sew some of it.. Then I get on this board and someone post yet another project I want to try.. So Bingo.. I am off again.. Now right now tonight.. I should be working on my applique quilt so I can move onto my gifts I need to make. But here I am again. Not sewing.. Who knows what is wrong with all of us... Now the weekends totally different story.. I can sew for hours on end and get alot accomplished.. Maybe it is because I am up by 5, drive 45 mins to work.. then get home at 4 and just want to do nothing.
Good Luck.. You are really not alone.

Mickey1 10-25-2011 05:55 PM

I just tell myself I have to work on an unfinished project before I can start another. Just so you know...it seldom works!