Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quandry - can't seem to get started . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quandry-cant-seem-get-started-t163146.html)

Karen Duncan 10-26-2011 06:17 AM

Jump right in and get started. Give yourself a reward for a project finished. (Lunch with a friend and a trip to the local quilt shop?)

justsojanie 10-26-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Karen Duncan
Jump right in and get started. Give yourself a reward for a project finished. (Lunch with a friend and a trip to the local quilt shop?)

Now that's a good idea - we respond so well to rewards don't we:) (Of course, my trips to LQS may lead to the poor house!)

Drew 10-26-2011 07:41 AM

Way back when, that's how the pioneers did it. Sometimes cutting, sometimes piecing, and sometimes quilting.

This addiction doesn't go away. You just have to live with it! LOL

lionessiam 10-26-2011 08:00 AM

I'm definitely type A on this. I hate unfinished projects and force myself to finish, although I may be working on 6 or 7 at a time. The part I hate the most is cutting.

LeslieFrost 10-26-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
When I find myself lagging on completion of items. I don't do an absolute rule but maybe a time rule. I tell myself I have to work for 30 minutes on an unfinished project until I can look at another. Often times that 30 minutes ends up being longer and I get more done.

This is classic advice for all kinds of procrastination issues, because it works!!

Lots of good advice here, but I think that this tip is the best.

BarbaraSue 10-26-2011 08:37 AM

We all have this problem to a degree. For the most part, the creative process is choosing the fabrics to go with the pattern and our ideas of how to use the pattern.
Cutting the fabric to me is grunt work! I like to do a block or two first, to see if my idea works or needs tweeking. Then I have to look at it a while just to make sure I don't make a hasty decision.

Hooray! you joined the club!! Glad to have you aboard!

We all have this problem to a degree. For the most part, the creative process is choosing the fabrics to go with the pattern and our ideas of how to use the pattern.
Cutting the fabric to me is grunt work! I like to do a block or two first, to see if my idea works or needs tweeking. Then I have to look at it a while just to make sure I don't make a hasty decision.