Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question on making Warm Wishes quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-making-warm-wishes-quilt-t16913.html)

barnbum 02-28-2009 06:32 PM

That is adorable!! I love the doll blankets too!! The fabric for the first one--with the tools--was a great idea. I'm sorry it was so frustrating for you. :(

For 15 years I sewed with a machine that didn't have anything to help with a 1/4" seam--I struggled. The best I could do it use a magnet to mark it. But the magnet had to come off for quilting, so it was always moved. My new machine helps me nail that 1/4" mark--and what a difference it makes.

Good luck! And happy quilting!! You pick wonderful colors. :D

MollieSue 02-28-2009 06:48 PM

Thank you Karla!
I looked on Equilter, for more of the tool print and didn't see it. I think it was at least a year ago that I bought it. (See I needed this board to get me fired up again! :D ) They do have some with saws, etc, but it was kind of blah looking.
My pressure foot is at 1/4" exactly. I had my husband looking at it again today, to see if he could figure out why it wouldn't work out using 1/4" all the time. He couldn't find the problem either. So some of my seams are 1/4", some are less.
Thanks again! I appreciate it!

dizzy 02-28-2009 10:07 PM

i also have the ruler with the slots in it an have had it for a couple of years now an love it makes cutting quilts out so much quicker

MollieSue 03-01-2009 09:17 AM

I just got mine Dizzy, the other night, but so far totally love it! Makes everything go much faster! :D

Debbie1 03-01-2009 09:28 AM

The new one you made came out great - really cute. You did a really good job! But I think that I would save it for the littlest one. My grandson is turning 5 and he's into Spiderman, powerrangers, etc. Quite a change from the first quilt I made him!

MollieSue 03-01-2009 03:42 PM

Thank you Debbie! I felt like taking a bow, after finally getting it to turn out! lol!!! I think it will be going to the youngest grandson! I'll have to look now for some better/older material for my almost 5 year grandson.
Thanks again! :D

kd124 03-02-2009 09:54 PM

Just saw this but wanted to tell you how cute the bug one is. Glad you got this figured out.

MollieSue 03-03-2009 04:41 AM

Thank you Kathy! :D

sunnyhope 04-03-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by auntluc
If you have cut your strips correctly and you are sewing two 2" strips to the 3" strip... the only way you can end up with 5 1/2" is if your seams aren't 1/4".
Lay out your strips...you should have a total of 7" before seams.
After your first seam your strip should measure 4 1/2".
When you sew your last strip on the block should measure 6".

Sorry the pics didn't come out in the order sent.

I m going to try this one out i think , but one ? do the squares that are in one colour, can i have those in different colours ( since i have bought packs with different ready cut ones and there are only so many that are the same)

also what of your pictures are the correct one, i m so new i need to know what to cut not to sew and to sew things straight i use sewing foot( not the pedal) to use as my guide and i guess thats half a centimeter.

lots of help needed as u see

quiltingmimipj 04-04-2009 08:38 AM

I have used this pattern before from Quiltmaker. However, when I went on there yesterday, the pattern does not come up anymore. I was so disappointed. I have one printed off, but I was going to refer some friends to the link.

Material MiMi