Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quick Rail Fence for soldiers in Afghanistan (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quick-rail-fence-soldiers-afghanistan-t63428.html)

Jan in VA 09-07-2010 06:31 AM

I lay awake last night fretting over the accuracy in the patterns I've sent everyone. I'm used to writing and drawing these things, but I've rarely sent them out before I've made a test block to check the cutting measurement, etc.

In this instance, there was not time to design, write, email over 100 people, be on the boards, eat, shower, and sleep for the past 4 days, much less sew for testing before emailing! PLEASE let me know if you find mistakes so I can at least correct them in my files and forgive me for inconveniencing you as it certainly wasn't intentional!
I have to assume those here are at least familiar enough with the craft to work out issues they come across, but I am more than willing to answer any question...by phone, email, on the board, whatever.

I love you all!
Jan in VA

crawford1219 09-07-2010 03:43 PM

Got it-thanks for sharing!

Jan in VA 09-09-2010 04:10 PM

The first quilt for Bert's boys in Afghanistan has arrived in VA from Mic-Pa in PA! Thank you!!!!

It's getting really exciting and the energy ante has been upped on my end of this endeavor as I plan how to receive, catalog, send thank you's, quilt, photograph, and re-ship these warm fuzzies. I know you all are working away as well and I send love and encouragement as you piece a hug into each quilt we send.

I do not have a camera that I know how to work so pictures will be delayed. I suggest each of you post one of what you are
sending so others can be in on the fun.

Jan in VA

mic-pa 09-09-2010 04:43 PM

glad to read your message that you got my quilt. Hope it will work for you, and it sounds like many other people have jumped on board (so to speak) to help also.

brushandthimble 09-09-2010 05:10 PM

Jan your downloads worked perfect. Thank you so much for taking on this project, which seems to have grown to a huge undertaking. My son is home this week, he leaves for Afganistan next month. I have taken your idea and offered to send him a quilt for whoever in is company wants one.

brenda21 09-09-2010 06:09 PM

Got it :)

Jan in VA 09-09-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Jan your downloads worked perfect. Thank you so much for taking on this project, which seems to have grown to a huge undertaking. My son is home this week, he leaves for Afganistan next month. I have taken your idea and offered to send him a quilt for whoever in is company wants one.

I'm sorry he's going over, as I'm sure you are, too. Do you know where he'll be in that country? Some areas we are hearing most about are near the mountains and get colder in winter than the area where "my" quilts are going. I'll put him in my prayers; it's not fun for any of them there
Jan in VA

Jan in VA 09-09-2010 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's yet another quick quilt idea for the soldiers.

Jan in VA

brushandthimble 09-28-2010 04:53 PM

backing I promised will be in the mail tomorrow.