Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt all day: April 7, National No Housework Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-all-day-april-7-national-no-housework-day-t185301.html)

virtualbernie 04-07-2012 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 5123254)
Oh no! I didn't read this till after I did my housework!

Me too:shock:

flhomeschoolmom 04-07-2012 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5123678)
I claim every day but my kids birthdays as my quilting days. As for as housework, I clean a clean house so it never gets dirty. I was flybaby trained before it was called flybaby. Best housekeeping system ever: flylady.net

I love FlyLady, and my DH loves it when I keep up with my daily stuff. Unfortunately, if so much as 1 day goes by that I'm not working the system, it seems like my entire house falls apart because no one in my family will pick up after themselves! My DH can't even remember where he left his dirty clothes :/

BellaBoo 04-07-2012 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by flhomeschoolmom (Post 5123910)
I love FlyLady, and my DH loves it when I keep up with my daily stuff. Unfortunately, if so much as 1 day goes by that I'm not working the system, it seems like my entire house falls apart because no one in my family will pick up after themselves! My DH can't even remember where he left his dirty clothes :/

Housework for the house I don't mind but I won't be a maid for family members over the age of 8. By age 8 a child can do their own laundry (with supervision) and keep their room straight and clean up any mess they make.

bobquilt3 04-09-2012 03:40 AM

Oh fiddle. House work is for people who have nothing better to do with their lives! . . . and guilt is a complete waste of time.
It took me 80 years to figure that one out so listen and take heed. . . if and when you can.
(grin & wink)

meanmom 04-09-2012 05:11 AM

I had company coming for Easter so I didn't get to take advantage of the day. I had 30 people for Easter at my house. Iam going to do no housework day today. I plan on going up to my sewing room as soon as I get off of my computer and I plan on sewing all day.:)

helenquilt 04-09-2012 06:07 AM

Ok I quilted last night then in the night decided the thread color is wrong so today I take it all out. About 2 hrs worth
Doesn't pay for me to work on Sunday

w1613s 04-09-2012 06:09 AM

I'm doing something wrong. What is this business about "after I did my housework"? Housework has an "after"?

Where is it and how do I get there?

Confused but VERY hopeful,

Pat

annesthreads 04-09-2012 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by bobquilt3 (Post 5127101)
Oh fiddle. House work is for people who have nothing better to do with their lives! . . . and guilt is a complete waste of time.
It took me 80 years to figure that one out so listen and take heed. . . if and when you can.
(grin & wink)

I like your words of wisdom!

gramacheri 04-09-2012 10:09 AM

Do you mean that everyday is not "No housework day?" I could swear someone told me that there is a National Housework Day and I just thought that on every other day we were not supposed to do it!

krabadan 04-09-2012 10:24 AM

Omg i missed it!