Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt binding Clips (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-binding-clips-t188820.html)

retteacher 05-17-2012 02:57 PM

Yes, I really do like them. They are good for so many other uses, like hemming pants dresses or skirt. Well worth the money

PolkaBabe 05-17-2012 05:25 PM

Right now Hancock Fabrics has the "Wonder Clips" on sale for $19.99 until the 23rd.

Donna in Mo 05-18-2012 08:47 AM

dunster, you are not missing anything! You are just "good". I use the hair clips and they work fine for me.

sak658 05-21-2012 10:16 AM

Well thanks for all your posts...I tried my red clips...I found them hard to open, but that's because I had thumb surgery back in Aug and still have a while to go for 100% usage..the jury is still out on this one...I tried sewing along side the ends of them...nope that didn't work too good..I have a small Janome machine and it doesn't feed the binding thru really well..I have to have my left hand behind to help pull it thru...I guess with a more expensive machine, I wouldn't have that problem..it does 2 or 3 thicknesses ok..get to several layers and it needs help...I will try them again on my next project...and see ...I don't understand the point of the marks on them...am I missing something..?? How do you use them for the marks to work.?? thanks again..for all your views...

cad_queen_2000 05-27-2012 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings (Post 5213011)
ditto! :).

I do this too. Once I have the binding sewn to the front of the quilt, I fold it over to the back and hold it down with my fingers, and baste it in place before I hand stitch it down. I have tried pins, but kept getting poked. I also tried the hair clips, but kept knocking some of them off.

lynndianne 05-27-2012 03:52 PM

Love the red binding clips. I just bought some at Hancock Fabric.

Lynn

Chasing Hawk 06-02-2012 09:25 AM

I just got some of these. I used them when I was cutting out the current quilt top I am working on. After sorting the block pieces into piles I used a clip to keep them together.

Being on blood thinners, a job as a human pincushion doesn't work. :)

Sherryquilts 06-21-2012 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5212967)
I just hold the binding with my fingers, and I've never seen any need for pins or clips. What am I missing?

I do this as well.

Skittl1321 06-21-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by sak658 (Post 5232555)
.I have a small Janome machine and it doesn't feed the binding thru really well..I have to have my left hand behind to help pull it thru...

Are you using a walking foot? I find that essential for binding. It is the only thing I use mine for.

lakekids 06-21-2012 12:40 PM

I am curious why you like the clover red clips better than the silver hair clips? What makes them better? I use the hair clips (until my daughter 'borrowed' them all for her hair). If you are stitiching the binding down by hand I would think that the thread would get caught on the red clips