Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt in a Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-day-t71203.html)

katyquilter 10-20-2010 04:43 AM

Last night I went to our Library book sale and found a copy of Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day "Delectable Mountains Quilt" - it looks new and included the delectable mountains ruler. Has anyone ever made this quilt pattern and is it really "quilt in a day"? I'm anxious to try it as it doesn't look too complicated once I read the instructions five times.

Moonpi 10-20-2010 04:50 AM

That's a great old pattern. I haven't used her method, but working pairs of squares and re-arranging lights and darks, it does go fast. I've gotten tops done in a day, never a whole quilt.

nativetexan 10-20-2010 07:22 AM

I have the pattern but yet to make one. one day!!!

Bobbinchick 10-20-2010 07:35 AM

I made a sunbonnet sue quilti n a weekend, but I've never gotten a whole quilt done in a day. Have a great day, HUggies, Fay

MinnieKat 10-20-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I have the pattern but yet to make one. one day!!!

Me too!!!

JAGSD 10-20-2010 09:18 AM

My sister has, she is at work so won't be able to answer until later this evening. I will leave an email for her.

Central Ohio Quilter 10-20-2010 09:19 AM

"Quilt in a Day" is a myth! The time frame that is..... not the pattern. I can't imagine doing a quilt in a day. ANY quilt! Unless a day = 24 hours straight, with no cooking, no eating, no phone calls, no bathroom breaks, (!) no emergencies - little or big, no husband or kids in the house or anything else possible going on in the house. :-)

I don't know about the pattern.

sweet 10-20-2010 09:21 AM

If you look at her website, you may be able to find the DVD to go with the pattern to make it even easier. Her methods are great!

Aquarius 10-20-2010 09:23 AM

I watched her tutorial on quilt tv and she made it look so easy that even I could do it, but actually doing it is another matter.

Bluphrog 10-20-2010 09:29 AM

No, it's not a myth, if you are talking about making a quilt top. I pieced a card trick quilt from an Eleanor Burns book and starting with yardage, I cut and piece the top, including blocks and borders. And I took bathroom breaks and ate lunch and dinner, too. Of course, I was at a retreat, so didn't have to worry about cooking, cleaning, husband or kids.

Of course, now that I'm an empty nester, I don't have to stop for kids, and my DH never bothers me when I'm at my machine!

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
"Quilt in a Day" is a myth! The time frame that is..... not the pattern. I can't imagine doing a quilt in a day. ANY quilt! Unless a day = 24 hours straight, with no cooking, no eating, no phone calls, no bathroom breaks, (!) no emergencies - little or big, no husband or kids in the house or anything else possible going on in the house. :-)

I don't know about the pattern.