Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Design Software (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-design-software-t24747.html)

nursie76 08-28-2009 06:32 AM

Question?

I am a rather new quilter, but have been contemplating asking for Quilt design software for Christmas. I see that there is EQ6, 1-2-3 Quilt, and Quilt Pro. Is it too soon for me to even consider this type of software and which do you more seasoned quilters think is the best software for the money.
I would appreciate any input/insight, and reasons for your preference.
Thanks so much everyone in advance!

pjinflorida 08-28-2009 06:37 AM

HI,

I'm a new quilter also and I after lots of research on software I purchased EQ-6.

I am still doing the lessons in it but I am so glad I did purchase it because I can see where it will help me a lot.

But everyone is different, so it is probably a personal choice.

nursie76 08-28-2009 06:42 AM

Thanks,

I have trouble with color combo's and such and think it would go a long way in helping me with that aspect, if nothing else because I can audition fabric colors.

Ducky 08-28-2009 06:46 AM

I bought Quilt Wizard for around $30. It's nothing like EQ-6, but it's fun to play with. It has a variety of fabrics you can put in the designs. I would love to get my hands on the EQ because I've heard so many wonderful things and have seen images of what it can produce, but it's too expensive at this point. Let us know what you decide.

hokieappmom 08-28-2009 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Question?

I am a rather new quilter, but have been contemplating asking for Quilt design software for Christmas. I see that there is EQ6, 1-2-3 Quilt, and Quilt Pro. Is it too soon for me to even consider this type of software and which do you more seasoned quilters think is the best software for the money.
I would appreciate any input/insight, and reasons for your preference.
Thanks so much everyone in advance!

Also check out the blog above this: EQ6 - pros and cons.

leaha 08-28-2009 08:58 AM

I have 1,2,3, quilt, quilt pro, and EQ I never use 123 quilt or quilt pro, for my money EQ is by far the best, just my 2 cents. :)

nursie76 08-28-2009 09:11 AM

Thanks all. L
I am leaning toward EQ. Since I am going to ask hubby for it for Christmas, I have a feeling he will also. He is a techy and a firm believer in getting technology that grows or accomdates your skills as they grow. Course I'm sure he will research the heck out of it first as he did before he strongly encoraged me to buy my Bernina. I was leaning toward a less expensive model saying I could always upgrade and he said if u r going to upgrade just get it now. He is definitely a keeper! Thanks for the input. You all r wonderful.

hokieappmom 08-28-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Thanks all. L
I am leaning toward EQ. Since I am going to ask hubby for it for Christmas, I have a feeling he will also. He is a techy and a firm believer in getting technology that grows or accomdates your skills as they grow. Course I'm sure he will research the heck out of it first as he did before he strongly encoraged me to buy my Bernina. I was leaning toward a less expensive model saying I could always upgrade and he said if u r going to upgrade just get it now. He is definitely a keeper! Thanks for the input. You all r wonderful.

What Bernina do you have? I recently upgraded to the new 830, but haven't had much play time on it yet. I was wondering what kind of quilting software, if any, came with it. I haven't looked at version 6 yet though. EQ6 sounds like a great hint for my husband to get me for Christmas too. He's a keeper too.

nursie76 08-28-2009 04:01 PM

I just got a 44QE in June and then purchased the embroidery module in July. I am in love! Of course my DH would have an 830 for me if he could manage it without selling our first born! lol Enjoy your 830 hokieappmom, I bet the sky is the limit with that baby!
One good thing about being a quiltaholic, is that we certainly are easy to buy for!!! :D

eparys 08-28-2009 04:03 PM

I purchased Jenny Haskins "Perfect Quilt Express" - It was not expensive, but does not do all that I wished it did. I now wish I had waited and bought EQ6.