Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt-jacking - spread the word (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-jacking-spread-word-t170669.html)

Mousie 12-03-2011 10:26 AM

I will never understand how ppl can feel good with something that is not theirs.
I wonder if they ever think, even once, about the pain they cause by stealing.
I do believe what goes around, comes around, so I hope they think about it then.
It would be wonderful for it not to be so,...but....
geesh! they must be a quilter. They could have made one! tsk! tsk!

BarbM32 12-03-2011 11:22 AM

This is sickening. Looks like nothing is safe anymore or anywhere. That quilt needs to be at home not in some thief's house. If this can happen in the Houston quilt show then it can happen at any other show. Very, very scary.
I know what happened to one of my prized quilts at a local fair and believe me I would never enter another one anywhere. It came back to me torn, decorations hanging torn and torn off and with a lot of oil on it. The judge complained on the back of the Third Place ribbon about the condition of the quilt. While I called to complain that it did not leave my hands like that I could not reach anyone. I feel so sorry for this lady.

Doreen 12-03-2011 12:01 PM

Beautiful quilt. I sure hope it shows up.

Hinterland 12-03-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by BarbM32 (Post 4747414)
This is sickening. Looks like nothing is safe anymore or anywhere. That quilt needs to be at home not in some thief's house. If this can happen in the Houston quilt show then it can happen at any other show. Very, very scary.
I know what happened to one of my prized quilts at a local fair and believe me I would never enter another one anywhere. It came back to me torn, decorations hanging torn and torn off and with a lot of oil on it. The judge complained on the back of the Third Place ribbon about the condition of the quilt. While I called to complain that it did not leave my hands like that I could not reach anyone. I feel so sorry for this lady.

Oh, I am so sorry that happened to you!
I've entered a lot of shows, and never once did I feel that they didn't take care of my quilt, but I'm not sure I would trust the local county fair to take as good care.

Janet

pkelly1947 12-03-2011 01:40 PM

What a treasure to loose. So sorry- will pass the message toquilting friends

jeanharville 12-03-2011 04:20 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. What I can't figure out is how someone steals something a big as a quilt and in such a public place. At these large quilt shows, are the owners required to let others display and remove their quilts? Is there anyway to know exactly when in the process the quilt went missing? It just seems like the quilts turn up missing too often. Sure hope you get it back.

mary j 12-03-2011 06:18 PM

I saw this same notice on Facebook from one of the quilt magazines. Whoever has it better not display it, it wil surely be recognized. Hope you find it.

Greenheron 12-03-2011 08:45 PM

If box stores and clothing stores can attach electronic anti-theft devices without harming clothing perhaps it's time to try this on exhibited quilts.

suebee 12-03-2011 08:48 PM

This is the 2nd "LOST" quilt from this show posted here today?? what the heck? or is this a scam??

Originally Posted by Sallyjane (Post 4743894)
From Bonnie at Quiltville:

"Dear everyone ----

I don't often send announcement like this one, but a quilt has gone missing after the Houston show, and still has not been found.

I'd love your help in locating this quilt if possible.

For more info, I've written about it -- and shown a picture of the missing quilt -- here: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...-word-out.html

Thanks for your help in getting the word out. Please feel free to forward this blog post to your email lists and quilting friends --

We need to find this quilt!

Bonnie"

#1piecemaker 12-04-2011 05:11 AM

I sure hope it is found!!! I am so sorry to think that there is someone who would do such a thing. Maybe it was accidently given to the wrong person on pickup day and they will notice. So sorry this happened!