Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt-jacking - spread the word

Blog Entries

Unhappy Quilt-jacking - spread the word

From Bonnie at Quiltville:

"Dear everyone ----

I don't often send announcement like this one, but a quilt has gone missing after the Houston show, and still has not been found.

I'd love your help in locating this quilt if possible.

For more info, I've written about it -- and shown a picture of the missing quilt -- here: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...-word-out.html

Thanks for your help in getting the word out. Please feel free to forward this blog post to your email lists and quilting friends --

We need to find this quilt!

Bonnie"
    Blessings!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    . .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ Sally

Blog Entries
    Here's hoping it's just misplaced and will soon find its way home.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I so hope this quilt finds its way back to the maker! Its just awful when this happens. I am sure some will rethink sharing their fabulous quilts , thinking that this could happen to them.

Thank you for posting this - I put it on my facebook page. I hope she gets it back.

Janet

I hope the quilt gets recovered, it is a stunning quilt and I am sure the owner is just beside herself. Thanks for posting it here!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

That quilt is drop-dead gorgeous. I hope it is found and returned.

Nasty, nasty person. I hope it finds its way home.

This is a beautiful quilt. Hope you are able to recover it!

That is a beautiful and unusual quilt, surley someone will recognize it and return it.
    Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

This is such sad news. Hope someone is able to find it and return it to Bonnie.

That is a gorgeous quilt and IMO would be a one of a kind. So...if the person who took it tries to show it I would hope SOMEONE would recognize it.

Off quilting topic...but in the past 2 weeks our local news has been showing a video of a woman who goes into places that are collecting money for a family that their little girl has cancer and she "lifts" the huge jars...they look like those big barrel pretzel jars. Every video showed that the jar was FULL of money. You can see her face plain as day too but so far they haven't had any clue as to who she is. It's strange that she knows the shops that are collecting. One is a really nice upscale gift shop and another was at an auto dealer...so there isn't a pattern to say...all auto dealers or all gift shops. Oh...the other was a florist.

Horrible to say but I sure hope the money buys her nothing but grief.

What a gorgeous quilt- I hope it is found - will keep my fingers crossed -Did I read correctly, are there 2 quilts missing from that show? -
    Last edited by JUNEC; 12-02-2011 at 02:52 PM.

What an awful thing to happen. If it is not misplaced and doesn't find it's way home (which is what I'm hoping will happen) what does the thief think they can do with it? Can't show it. Shouldn't show it to anyone - they might know about it being stolen. A lowlife for sure.

I have had two quilts go missing - one after a car wreck where we were taken to the ER and the car was towed. Had a lot of quilts in the car, didnt notice one was missing til we unpacked everything.

The other was on consignment in a shop, the shop owner tried to tell me someone must have stolen it - a full size bed quilt!! Not exactly something you can tuck in your purse. She finally paid us for it after we talked about small claims court. No more consignment after that - that was the frosting on the cake of many years of consignment misery.

Neither one was as gorgeous or unique as the lovely quilt with the flowers. I hope it is found.

I'll post on facebook
    Donna

So sad; that is a beautiful quilt. It should be easy to identify though, because it is so unusual.

Blog Entries
    Someone that steals a quilt will give it as a gift to someone that has no idea there is a big quilt community or even that quilting is so big on the internet. They will think the quilt was bought from a quilt store. Believe it or not there are millions that have no clue there is a whole separate world of quilts and quilters. If it was stolen it will be in the mail more then likely to another country, sent as a gift.
    Got fabric?

I just saw this announcement on The Quilt Show web site too. Between the Quiltingboard and TQS a lot of people will be on the alert. Hopefully it will turn up soon. It's an awful feeling when you lose something so precious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallyjane View Post
    From Bonnie at Quiltville:

"Dear everyone ----

I don't often send announcement like this one, but a quilt has gone missing after the Houston show, and still has not been found.

I'd love your help in locating this quilt if possible.

For more info, I've written about it -- and shown a picture of the missing quilt -- here: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...-word-out.html

Thanks for your help in getting the word out. Please feel free to forward this blog post to your email lists and quilting friends --

We need to find this quilt!

Bonnie"
    I know your pain. Our group did a quilt honoring the Twin Towers. It was hanging from the ceiling in a fabric shop when it was stolen. Never recovered.
    I'm taking it all with me and if St Peter won't let me in, I'm commin' back.

Blog Entries
    So sorry this has happened. Pray you get it back. One thing I would do is micro chip any quilt you ship,show or is of any value. I think that would also be a wise investment for insurance purposes. Please spread the word. It would help law enforcement in recovery also. Only you would know where it is . Also so in invisible thread a code you can identify your quilt .

Ladies lets help her find this quilt.

Blog Entries
    Copied the info from Bonnies' blog site to take to a guild luncheon today. Keeping my hopes up that it was in the wrong pile, and shipped to the wrong Sharon. It is a shame that any quilt, made of love for show or family, would willfully end up in the wrong hands. It's sickening to think that people really do things like that. If they did, I hope that they respect the quilt, give it a little TLC and admiration and return it to the rightful place unharmed.

How terrible! It is a beautiful quilt and so awful that someone would take it. I hope who ever it was has the decency to give it back to its rightful owner.
    Fat Quarters have fewer calories than a Hot Fudge Sundae!
    http://debsquiltsandthings.blogspot.com/

Not the first time this has happened. Marti Michell had one stolen several years ago from her display at the Houston
    show. I certainly don't understand people that do that!

Blog Entries
    It sure is a beautiful quilt, Hope they get it back. If someone actually stole it they must also think it is so beautiful and the owner of the quilt should forgive them. and I know that will be difficult.
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast