Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Labels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-labels-t173905.html)

amygold 12-31-2011 01:04 PM

Quilt Labels

I'm looking for photos & info on making quilt labels. I've seen a lot of ideas on the internet using both handwritten labels & computer ink-jet printed. Can anyone post or email me photos of your actual labels so I can see what info is included in what order and how they look on the quilt?

ckcowl 12-31-2011 01:17 PM

i will have to look through some albums and see if i can find some label pic's but in the mean time---
my labels consist of:
the quilt name-
created/quilted by- name, city, state, date---if a pattern was used the name of the pattern & designer
fiber content- fabric & batting
care instructions.

those are the *basics*
if the quilt is for some one special or for a special occassion i will write about that also- like---
this quilt was made special for-
or
(Dragonfly quilt- created for a special wedding gift for my beautiful Daughter ___ and her new husband ____
on this ________day of _____________, __________
created, designed, quilted by ____________ , city, state, date
fiber content and care instructions.

it all depends on what the quilt is for- who it's for- if it's a program (like this Underground railroad quilt was made as a Saturday Sampler program offered by the Quilt house- 2005) pieced and quilted by _______ using the book "Underground Railroad" by Elenor Burns finished on- __________, city, state
fiber content- care instructions.
the more personal- the more information put on the quilt the more people will know about the quilt in years to come :)

jaciqltznok 12-31-2011 01:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299214[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299216[/ATTACH]the violin one was the back of a wallhanging I made my Dr some years ago in Alaska. Her cousin was killed in a whale vs boat accident and she had me make quilts for his wife and 3 daughters out of his clothes. So I made her a mini version out of the scraps.
the Patriotic label is pretty self explanatory, it went to the family of the service member whose remains had been found and returned home that year.

EllenwoodGa 12-31-2011 02:02 PM

What a great topic. I can't figure out what type of label to use or what it should say. I'm looking forward to all the entries of what other quilters are using.

janeknapp 01-01-2012 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Label for a wedding quilt

Lady-T 01-01-2012 05:58 AM

7 Attachment(s)
I have made labels printed with my PC before and really liked how they turned out, but they do fade after multiple washings.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299319[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]299320[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299321[/ATTACH]

So I started using machine embroidered labels that I order from Sew There Embroidery by Becky Cronin http://sewthereemb.com/ Most of the time I incorporate these into the top of the quilt.

She does really awesome work for a great price and these labels LAST!!
I don't have an embroidery machine but sure wish I did.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299324[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299325[/ATTACH]

tlpa 01-01-2012 06:36 AM

Lady-T your labels are perfect compliments to the quilt! Very creative.

ShirlinAZ 01-01-2012 08:02 AM

I bought a basic program to create labels to be made with my embroidery machine. It doesn't do real fancy labels, but the price was low compared to most. It is "Quilt Label Works" by Designer's Gallery. I got it from one of my local quilt shops for $70. A lot cheaper than everything else I looked at, and it does what I need it to do.

KyKaren1949 01-01-2012 08:22 AM

I love all these gorgeous labels, but mine are rather simple. I basically try to recreate a miniature version of one of the blocks from the quilt front. Then I attach it to a rectangular piece of off white or white fabric where I write the name of the pattern, my name, to whom it was given and the date. Pretty basic.

IdahoSandy 01-01-2012 09:04 AM

There is a quilt label iron on transfer book( at JoAnn's) of different labels, thinking you then use perm. ink pen to color them.