Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Labels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-labels-t190844.html)

Gail B 06-05-2012 06:07 AM

I totally agree. Labels are fantastic and great communication.

jcrow 06-05-2012 06:29 AM

I spent the weekend with my son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter and we talked about the quilts I gave them and the quilts her mother gave them. They didn't know who gave them which ones. Neither of us labeled them. I need to make up some labels with fusible backing and go visit them and iron them onto the back of my quilts and then hand sew them in place. I never even thought about labels. Now I understand the importance of them.

misskira 06-05-2012 06:33 AM

I've read some tutorials on the spoonflower labels. I think that's a neat option.

ptquilts 06-05-2012 07:08 AM

I just write with Pigma Micron Pens on plain muslin, then blind stitch to the back of the quilt. Sometimes I write right on the quilt back if it is light colored.

HMK 06-05-2012 07:20 AM

Labels are important. When I first started quilting I did a queen size and sent it to a quilter to do the quilting. When my son & his wife divorced, they didn't remember my making it and giving it to them - it had no label - (shows how important it was to them, I guess.) I'm sure it got stuck in a cupboard and forgotten after I gave it to them. Anyway, in the course of splitting up, I have a feeling it went to the thrift shop as it's not been seen at my son's and when I asked about it, a glazed look came over him and that told me he didn't know I had made it cause I've made others for him and he lovingly displays them and comments on them.

quiltgramm 06-05-2012 08:23 AM

Thank you for all the great ideas. How do I see the labels that Sewnsewer2 makes? Does she have an online shop, like Etsy or Ebay?

thanks again for all your wonderful ideas.

Pati

Skyangel 06-05-2012 08:42 AM

Now that I have a Bernina 440 with embroidery, I embroider my labels, including a small motif to coordinate with the quilt theme. Before that, I printed them on my computer on fabric sheets that have paper backing. I don't have any specific label program - I just used Word and incorporated pictures, ect. along with my information. I label all my quilts except small things like table runners.

AUQuilter 06-05-2012 11:07 AM

Ditto and the labels she made for me were just beautiful and reasonably priced!

feline fanatic 06-05-2012 12:06 PM

It varies. My favorite way is to make a small block that matches something in the top. My Bernina embroiders basic block alphabet letters so sometimes I use that, other times I hand embroider or write using a permanent pen like micron pigma or sharpie.

I also have some fabric labels, they were sold like panels only they were labels and would do the same.

I then applique it on the back.

annthreecats 06-05-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5265774)
I have Sewnsewer2 here on QB make mine!!! Embroidered and fair price!

I have used sewnsewer2 as well. Very fair price. Nice work.