Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-magazines-t279211.html)

Onebyone 06-02-2016 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 7566682)
I dislike getting magazines with missing pages.

If I take a page or two out of a magazine I don't donate it unless someone just wants the paper. It goes in the trash.

VaQuiltgal 06-02-2016 04:59 PM

I donate my magazines to my guild's free table. I figure they are getting them for free so they shouldn't complain if a page or two is missing. If I've torn out more than a pattern or two I just put them in the recycling bin.

paintmejudy 06-02-2016 05:08 PM

I too no longer buy magazines. But I have to comment here -- I am able to go online with my library card and log into Zinio through the library -- it's a free magazine site -- and can "borrow" a copy of American Patchwork. You can flip through, read what you want, print out articles or patterns you know you HAVE to have LOL and then it just gets returned, no hassle, nothing to remember returning, no late fees. The have a few years of magazines on the site.

QUILTNMO 06-02-2016 05:29 PM

i donate to our quild they sell them for a quarter.

tessagin 06-02-2016 05:34 PM

I don't have that many and including books may 20. I am about to pitch 4-5 magazines since I pulled the article pattern/template. Most of the remainder in the magazine is ads. I have a couple books with different animal patterns for applique. I can pull so much up on the web. any patterns are already in project boxes or a small binder I have. Some of the other 8-9 books have patterns and templates so I'm keeping those. Rejects will be recycled. Don't really need anymore since I have many bookmarked.

Anniedeb 06-02-2016 08:41 PM

I have stopped buying the quilting magazines. I have 4 full office type magazine holders. I've gone through each magazine, and marked the front with a post-it-note with the names and page numbers of what I want to make. Ideally once I make the items, I'll discard the magazine. I say "ideally" because I've not made anything I've marked yet!

QuiltnLady1 06-02-2016 09:11 PM

I stopped buying quilting magazines. I have a used book store near me that will buy them just like they buy used books. I have also donated them to the Friends of the Library. If there is something I want in a magazine, I tear it out and recycle them magazine.

DOTTYMO 06-02-2016 11:24 PM

I stopped buying them when I realised it was giving me so many quilts I wanted to make with no time. Now I buy individual patterns that I will do.

Jane Quilter 06-02-2016 11:29 PM

You can buy them, but throw them out or give away when done. One at a time.

paoberle 06-03-2016 03:34 AM

Donate them to your local public library for resale in their used book sale. Proceeds are used to buy new books, magazines, etc for the library.