Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Police are knocking at my door (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-police-knocking-my-door-t83977.html)

ktmo815 12-20-2010 03:38 AM

Thank you - you made my day by describing this

Jenniky 12-20-2010 04:11 AM

Enjoyed .... rotflmao :)

QuilterDawg 12-20-2010 04:14 AM

Too Funny!!! At least in Jail you'll have time to quilt!!!!

mcdaniel023 12-20-2010 04:18 AM

LOL, too funny. I am serving a life sentence....but, I sure have fun serving.

Sewsweet 12-20-2010 04:21 AM

Dont let them in ;-) . Do your best, and have fun.

marthe brault-hunt 12-20-2010 05:20 AM

isn't that funny that quilters sound like they are on probation.Any little thing not to our own standards make us feel guilty. The quilt police belongs with Santa Easter bunny or Tooth Fairy. Find a quilter who can brag she made the Perfect quilt.

qwkslver 12-20-2010 05:29 AM

:) Sounds like me working on my first couple of bowtucks. I'm not one of these people who decides to do something and turns out a perfect product. I have a learning curve. Even my first mugrugs were ugly (but we use them anyway). The thing is most people don't sew and they think we are talented geniuses (and I do NOTHING to make them think any different!). We are hard on ourselves.

clem55 12-20-2010 05:32 AM

Yesterday I showed my granddaughter the small quilt I made from all the fabric scraps of clothing I made, for her, when she was little. I had more trouble with those little 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 strips because I really couldn't get all of them on a perfect straight gain. I was so disappointed in my inaccuracy, and proceeded to terll her about them and was going to point thme out. Guess what? I had a hard time finding the really bad mistakes! she thought it was beautiful, so that is all that matters to me( not really, I wanted it perfect!) We truely are our own worst judge.

Quilter7x 12-20-2010 05:33 AM

I think this is a good time to take a break from quilting and do some writing - you are a very creative writer! Draw from your own experiences and see what you come up with.

If you still need bail, I'll be glad to send a FQ. :lol:

olebat 12-20-2010 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
I think this is a good time to take a break from quilting and do some writing - you are a very creative writer! Draw from your own experiences and see what you come up with.

If you still need bail, I'll be glad to send a FQ. :lol:

I do enjoy writing, and I am working on a series of articles, "Confessions of a Want-to-be Quilter" which begin when I was about six years of age - like many people on this forum, at my grandmothers' knee. It's serial, but most of the stories can be stand alone. I had in mind articles for filler in our guild newsletter, but the family jokes that it's turning into a book. I'll include this little ditty, and even include some of the wonderful replies which have brought tears to my eyes with laughter. I work with kids, (I'm a 4-H Lady) so it's nice to have some adult companionship on a daily basis. This board fills that need.

About the FQ's do I send you the home address or the QP Jail? I hear that place is getting over crowded.