Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Police are knocking at my door (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-police-knocking-my-door-t83977.html)

Vanuatu Jill 12-20-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by bunniequilter
I know how you felt about the backing being to small. I have a kit from a high profile shop that I am putting together. After double checking the numbers again and again I found I was very short on the number of blocks and fabric for the missing blocks. Really ticks me off when you pay good money for this stuff and you get an imcomplete inferior product.Sent an email off but havent had a reply yet.

If it has been more than a couple days, re-send the e-mail and put on it in big letters "SECOND REQUEST-PLEASE REPLY". Usually, from what I understand, most high profile shops will jump to fix the problem-they can't afford NOT to with forums like this! Good luck!

ruthieg 12-20-2010 03:35 PM

I have bars on my doors and windows and quilt police are safely kept out!

grandme26 12-20-2010 04:10 PM

LOL. can I write the judge to dismiss the charges? After all you were doing the best possible with what you had.

JustBonnie2 12-20-2010 05:01 PM

Knock, knock!! "This is the Quilt Police. Please open the door, maam."

Knock, knock! "Maam?"

Hope she opens the door soon. I have a VERY busy day. Still have to hit Qwkslver for some bad adjustments to a bowtucks, stitchofclass2 and clem 55.

Knock, knock!

Also, have to pick up nursie76 for aiding-and-abbetting.

Knock, knock!

"I can see you in there hiding behind that huge stack of fabric! You better come out now if you want to "cut" a deal!"

Sloan Quinn 12-20-2010 05:10 PM

LOL!

nursie76 12-20-2010 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by JustBonnie2
Knock, knock!! "This is the Quilt Police. Please open the door, maam."

Knock, knock! "Maam?"

Hope she opens the door soon. I have a VERY busy day. Still have to hit Qwkslver for some bad adjustments to a bowtucks, stitchofclass2 and clem 55.

Knock, knock!

Also, have to pick up nursie76 for aiding-and-abbetting.

Knock, knock!

"I can see you in there hiding behind that huge stack of fabric! You better come out now if you want to "cut" a deal!"

Drat! I knew ya'd catch me sooner or later! Hey, I was just being supportive to a fellow addict. (Opps, probably shouldn't have said the "addict" word, huh?)

dkabasketlady 12-20-2010 05:15 PM

ALL of you are hilarious!!! I was told there's NO quilt police!! Good thing I live in a gated community,lol!! I'm not calling the guard house and giving them permission to let the police in here!
Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
I'll be gathering up my fat quarters just in case,lol!!

nursie76 12-20-2010 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
ALL of you are hilarious!!! I was told there's NO quilt police!! Good thing I live in a gated community,lol!! I'm not calling the guard house and giving them permission to let the police in here!
Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
I'll be gathering up my fat quarters just in case,lol!!

Thanks for gathering the fat quarters to bail us out if necessary....it is so nice to know that there is someone to call....and since we only get 1 call, need to make it count! ;)

newbiequilter 12-20-2010 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
Not to worry, everyone on this board will contribute $1 toward your bail. You will be out in no time. You might, however, have to sit in the pokey over the holidays because we will all be busy watching our family members open the quilted gifts we worked so hard to make for them. Not to worry, you can design new quilt patterns while you are staring at the ceiling for a week.

But the trial, well, that is gonna be ugly. Where will you find a good defense attorney who knows the difference between a 1/4 inch seam and a scant-1/4 inch seam?????

I work in the courts, know a number of criminal defense attorneys, so no worries ......
I have a Christmas wall hanging project which I purchased last summer in a quilt shop in ....well, it doesn't matter where....so a couple of weeks ago, I decided to work on it. It has a panel center and various borders....I squared up the panel according to instructions and proceeded on to the borders....the first border was a nightmare! measurements did not work, borders did not fit....so rather than throw away the whole thing, I bundled it all back into the zip lok baggie and decided to ignore it for a while.
Deep breathing....thoughts of plum puddings, Santa, sleighs & reindeer....etc.

marcias 12-20-2010 07:32 PM

That is too funny! :thumbup: But, where is the picture?