Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Police are knocking at my door (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-police-knocking-my-door-t83977.html)

wildyard 12-20-2010 07:37 PM

Plead non-compus mentis... we'll all testify on your behalf, we are all addicts too..

C.Cal Quilt Girl 12-20-2010 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by JustBonnie2
Knock, knock!! "This is the Quilt Police. Please open the door, maam."

Knock, knock! "Maam?"

Hope she opens the door soon. I have a VERY busy day. Still have to hit Qwkslver for some bad adjustments to a bowtucks, stitchofclass2 and clem 55.

Knock, knock!

Also, have to pick up nursie76 for aiding-and-abbetting.

Knock, knock!

"I can see you in there hiding behind that huge stack of fabric! You better come out now if you want to "cut" a deal!"

LOL tooo funny!! Would you be cutting that deal with a rotary, Zig zag, regular, sm embroidery, shears, or the pair that was used to trim the dogs hair??

:)

Gerbie 12-20-2010 08:59 PM

I have some muslin and batting that I can use for Bail. How many phone calls do you think they will let you makr? lol Merry Christmas

grammysharon 12-20-2010 09:11 PM

Loved your story! Fun! No matter what it is finished!!!! :lol:

Painiacs 12-20-2010 09:19 PM

Iol. I don't think u have to worry about the quilt police for awhile as they were doing some "under cover" work for awile, then after suvayence ( sp?) they decided a swatch team was sent to my house. What was I to do? I decided I throw them off the scent. I would sneak out every night and hang a different quilti out every night. After picking apart every quilt and finding so many violations I'm holding it will cost too much to prosecute and give up! I think I have them stalled enuf for u to get out of town! Let us' know whenthe book is out. I want 1!! Autographed!

olebat 12-20-2010 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to all for your support. I slipped silently out of the back door rather early this morning to avoid detection. Went to my local Wal*Mart and spent many hours ringing the bell. Early this evening, again managed to leave home, undetected. This time went to the mall to wrap packages for Easter Seals. So, a long day of community service. Although tired, I had to catch up with virtual business.

Over the top of the computer screen, I could see movement in the yard. Despite the full moon, there was insignificant light to pick out the cause of the motion. The Husky wanted out. For those of you who know the Husky personality, you may recall that they are great watch dogs. They watch butterflies, they watch the grass grow, they watch a stranger walk into the house and do nothing more than gently wag their bushy tail a time or two. My comfort level when I opened the door was near zero.

Looking around, I could see a couple of cars parked on the street. Detectives? The Quilt Police have detectives prowling around? Even at night? What's a girl to do? I thought the community service would save me. Then I got to wondering about what will happen if, when they come to take me away, they confiscate my computer also.

So much can be learned from ones' computer. All the book marked quilt sites, sewing on U-tube, the blogs and the forums! You have given testimony, confessed, and professed. Check your neighborhood carefully, if they get at my computer, the QP will have your e-dresses, and will find you.

There's the movement again, triggered the motion activated lights. Ah, it's only deer, and I see that the neighbors had company, the cars are gone. Perhaps we can all rest more comfortably for the rest of the year.

Quilt Police Bait
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146303[/ATTACH]

newbiequilter 12-20-2010 10:25 PM

To heck with the QP, you have me with the bait!
Bail, cash, check, property bond....bring it on.

newbiequilter 12-20-2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by bunniequilter
I know how you felt about the backing being to small. I have a kit from a high profile shop that I am putting together. After double checking the numbers again and again I found I was very short on the number of blocks and fabric for the missing blocks. Really ticks me off when you pay good money for this stuff and you get an imcomplete inferior product.Sent an email off but havent had a reply yet.

I have vowed to NEVER purchase another kit - esp. one involving a panel in the center....time will tell.

quilterfly 12-21-2010 12:00 AM

Just in case you were wondering.....here he comes now!

http://www.quiltingamongfriends.com/...uiltpolice.htm

Chasing Hawk 12-21-2010 12:41 AM

Just go on the lam........LOL