Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Police are knocking at my door (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-police-knocking-my-door-t83977.html)

Sloan Quinn 12-21-2010 07:14 PM

Weeelll.....did you happen to sneak your heavy duty seam ripper in with you? It might be able to scratch out the mortar between the bricks....

olebat 12-21-2010 07:52 PM

Funny, the things that pop into my head from out of no where. A little melody that we sang as children. I think it was a sea shanty. It began, "Who's that knocking at my door? Who's that knocking at my door?"

Then, when someone came to visit, they would say "knock,knock" and we'd say, "Who dat?" and they'd say, "Who dat??" and we'd say, "Who dat, who say who dat, when I say who dat?" (Yea ya right - I'm from Newalins,)

Anyway, I now realize that was a code amongst sewers, assuring that the caller was a friendly. The QP wouldn't be wise to anything that ludicrous, now would they? It's sew simple. They will either ring the bell or rap on the door with their basting gun. The mail man rings twice, the horses go clompty-clomp as they gallop by, UPS will toot the horn when they deliver those huge bundles of bail quarters, and friendly quilters just keep talking. What's to fear?

nursie76 12-21-2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
Weeelll.....did you happen to sneak your heavy duty seam ripper in with you? It might be able to scratch out the mortar between the bricks....

Drat! I dropped it when they nabbed me!

nursie76 12-21-2010 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by olebat
Funny, the things that pop into my head from out of no where. A little melody that we sang as children. I think it was a sea shanty. It began, "Who's that knocking at my door? Who's that knocking at my door?"

Then, when someone came to visit, they would say "knock,knock" and we'd say, "Who dat?" and they'd say, "Who dat??" and we'd say, "Who dat, who say who dat, when I say who dat?" (Yea ya right - I'm from Newalins,)

Anyway, I now realize that was a code amongst sewers, assuring that the caller was a friendly. The QP wouldn't be wise to anything that ludicrous, now would they? It's sew simple. They will either ring the bell or rap on the door with their basting gun. The mail man rings twice, the horses go clompty-clomp as they gallop by, UPS will toot the horn when they deliver those huge bundles of bail quarters, and friendly quilters just keep talking. What's to fear?

Noooowww you tell me about the secret knock! Where were you when I got nabbed? :?:

olebat 12-21-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76

Originally Posted by olebat

Noooowww you tell me about the secret knock! Where were you when I got nabbed? :?:

Where was I? Hiding behind the QP Bait, the last place they would think to look for me. I was red with blush and just blended in.

Sloan Quinn 12-21-2010 08:52 PM

Well there's always someone in the joint that can get things, right? Mehbe they can get you a new one?

nursie76 12-22-2010 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
Well there's always someone in the joint that can get things, right? Mehbe they can get you a new one?

Yeh, I have heard that...now I wonder what I need to bribe them? Where's Martha Steward when you need her?

jeanneb52 12-22-2010 05:44 AM

Just remember, they can't come in without a warrent. Pull the shades and ignore the quilt police.

clsurz 12-22-2010 05:50 AM

Cute! Gave me a good chuckle.

You make bail by offering to make the judge a lap quilt for days he/she has to sit in court and it's cold. LOL

nursie76 12-22-2010 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz
You make bail by offering to make the judge a lap quilt for days he/she has to sit in court and it's cold. LOL

Now there's an idea! If only someone can smuggle some of my stash in here....umm, scissors, thread.....umm......