Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Retreat just for Me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-retreat-just-me-t193926.html)

IrishNY 07-07-2012 05:17 PM

Quilt Retreat just for Me!

The virtual quilt retreat a couple of weeks ago spurred me to spend a whole day sewing. I usually feel guilty if I don't get some other things done but not that day. So tomorrow I have declared it "IrishNY Personal Quilt Retreat Day" in the hopes I will ignore all the other things that need to be done and sew!

I'll let you know how it goes.

LTeachergeorge 07-07-2012 05:26 PM

Good for you!!! Hope you get a lot accomplished tomorrow!

Monika 07-07-2012 05:28 PM

Good for you! I think I will join you...........I need some alone sewing time, too!

Judith1005 07-07-2012 05:39 PM

Go for it!! You deserve it. I hope you have a relaxed quilty day.:) Wish I could join you too. But, I work the weekends. Can't wait to see what you accomplish. :)

Jan in VA 07-07-2012 07:05 PM

I desperately need a personal retreat day in order to work on some commissions that have been on hold during this power outage of the past whole week. Today i could have sewn, I suppose, but my arms were so achy when I woke this morning -- from a day of emptying, rinsing, scouring, cloroxing, rinsing again, the refrigerator which withstood 7 days without electricity. Gadzooks, what a task! The kitchen is torn apart due to the effort -- water all over the floor, shelving and drawers of fridge out on the counters, rags/paper towels piled on the floor, food to return to fridge out on the counters (which I brought home from Mother's), all the cleaning products sitting around waiting to finish the job -- I can hardly stand to go in there, but I felt so rotten most of the day.

Now, when I could have had tomorrow to sew, but as I took today off to recover, I'll have to work on continuing to pull the house together instead. I'm disciplining myself to clean first, before I sew. And it feels like punishment. :hunf: But I HATE to CLEAN. pout.

I envy you!

Jan in VA

Mamatron 07-07-2012 10:56 PM

IrishNY, have fun.
Jan in VA, sorry you are having to go through this, nut I hope all is back to normal soon.

GreatStarter 07-08-2012 05:02 AM

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Suzan88 07-08-2012 06:38 AM

Jan in VA you need to give yourself rewards. May I suggest half an hour serious cleaning = nice cup of tea or coffee + one hour sewing. :)

IrishNY 07-08-2012 12:01 PM

Update -
I have a quick top almost put together so far, except for borders. I don't have the border fabric yet so that part will not be done today. And I've made about a million (ok, just feels like a million) HSTs for a quilt for my son, which was my real goal for today. Back to work but pictures later.

Jan,
That's why I needed to declare a Quilt Retreat day for myself. There is always something else to do and I am of the "chores first, then sewing" group that means I never get to sewing. Not today! :-)

AuntieD 07-08-2012 01:22 PM

Enjoy your day. Have lots of fun without stress!